Chapter Six

Back at the restaurant Kian and I found the guys sitting around a table laughing about something we had obviously missed. "What's going on you two?" Sam said with a smirk and a glance at Kian.

"Finally joining the party?" Trevor grinned and held up his glass of pop.

Kian pulled up a chair for me, letting me sit, and then sat next to me. "We were actually enjoying the stars, thanks for asking."

"So what sounds good?" Ricky said, picking up the little menu and looking at either Brax and I. 

"Fresh water salmon. Always." I said browsing the menu to see if there's anything new added.

Brax entered in."No matter how you eat it. Fried, grilled, sushi, just anyway you get it it's great."

The guys all nodded and continued looking through the menu. There was a lot of small talk and laughter before the waiter came.

"Roooooooster!" I shouted as the older gentleman came towards the table. He had messy, short, black hair with small grey hair sticking out every which way. "What's going on?" I  held  my hand up for a high five.

He slapped  my hand and pulled me up for a hug. "How's it going, kiddo? It's been a while." He let go of the hug and  I  sat back down. "Your mother know you're hanging out with all these guys?  Friends from  Grand Haven I assume." He smiled at them  all. "I'm Rooster by the way, I own this joint." He pointed over at Brax and have him a nod.

"Actually these are some guys from California." Brax waved.

"You're reeling in boys from Cali now Brax? What's next, Alaska?" He laughed. "You can't keep all of them for yourself you know, Ki over here needs some lovin' too." Rooster joked, pointing at Brax and winked. A few of the guys laughed and looked at him. "I'm just messin' with you kids. What brings you fella's out to the Mitten state?"

"Oh, my Uncle is running the ice cream shop this year. I'm JC." He put on a polite smile. "So we decided to come hang out  for the summer." Then he looked at the rest of the guys motioning to introduce themselves. 

Rooster shook each hand and nodded at all of them. "Oh, Renny and I go way back. When I found out  I had to invite him out here. Good to see some kids back in this town. Alright, enough small talk, I'm sure you're hungry."

Trevor nodded aggressively.

"Well then, what can I get ya? It's on me tonight, as a welcome gift." Everyone ordered something different so they can all try different things. "Well I'll get those for you in a jiffy." He patted me on the back and walked back into the kitchen.

"So that's Rooster. Nobody cares about his real name because Rooster is way better. He's actually the mayor here but he doesn't care about the title. He just wanted to keep Ribbonwood afloat." I set my menu in the middle of the table, everyone following along.

"He's a cool dude." JC commented.

"I'm really excited about this food." Trevor rubbed his hands together and grinned evilly.

"Calm down buddy." Connor said, a big smile on his face. "I'm so glad we came. This town is so delightful. I can't wait to just explore and do things that you guys do."

"It's going to be so great, finally people here in this town to do stuff with! It won't just be Kila and I." Braxton chimed in. 

"Don't forget we have to help out with the parlor and we still have videos to make guys." Ricky said sounding serious.

A few of the guys sighed. "We can have fun and do all those things guys, don't even worry about it." Kian added.

"Painting tomorrow is going to be fun." Sam smiled. "Get a little messy with your boys O2L." He raised his eyebrows up and down at me with a devilish grin.

"Sounds good to me Sam."

|||||||||||

The night went on and we had such a great time, exchanging twitter handles and phone numbers, laughing, and slowly planning out the summer. The night was for sure a success and I'm so glad that Brax and I made those brownies. It was planned that we'd all meet up tomorrow morning for coffee then get ready to paint.

Ricky politely asked if it was okay if Brax and I were kind of around the vlogs he'd be posting this summer. We had discussed the guide lines, not mentioning our location or anything because apparently they're so big that they have fangirls everywhere. Connor was surprised we had actually never heard of them. 

The best part of the night was Kian. Being with him on the rock was something I'd like to happen a lot this summer. I had his number, why not just text and see if he wants to meet out there soon? Would it be too soon? Hell with it, I was on a spontaneous streak today. I was already in my VS PINK black sweats and a raggedy Michigan State hoodie but who cares? I slipped on a pair of black moccasins, grabbed a couple old blankets and pillows, left a note for my mom, and headed out to the rock on my moped.

To: Kian  Lawley
Meet me at the rock in ten? Shh (;

I was surprised with a quick reply.

From: Kian Lawley
Sure thing ;)

///|||\\\

Wooooooooh, finally hopping into this story head first. This was not how I originally intended this chapter to go but I think I dig it. Also, thank you to the readers who keep on reading, love you guys, you're the best.

How you guys like Rooster? Deciding on whether or not I want him to be a bigger character or not. 

So maybe vote? comment? I'll love you 5ever. :3 Because right now I guess I only love you 4ever? I don't know, it's like way past  midnight and my mind is going INSANE. Thanks again lovelies.

***takieitback

PS: The song that I chose for this chapter is just upbeat and fun, it's been stuck in my head all day even though it's literally just EDM. But yeah. Enjoy <3