Coward

Jason POV

I stare at the Tv but my mind was thinking about the fight with Taco Bell that will happen tomorrow noon. He took a week to finally approach me and tell me when and where this shit is going to happen. He haven’t bothered Justin for that period of time which is good, at least that fucking dickhead actually keep his promises. Justin had been so quiet lately, the only time I saw him like his usual self is when he perform for his fans which he had a few event to attend this week but other than that, he just kept to himself. Even Kenny ask me what was wrong with him but I didn’t know what to answer. I guess he was just worried about the fight and the fact those shitheads at school stil gives dirty looks like he murder someone or something.

“Jason?” I was snap out of my mind by a soft voice making me look up to see my little brother standing in front of me with a pale looking face. I look at him worried, he looks like he haven’t eaten in weeks and his energy has drain or something. “Are you okay bro?” I ask him as he started to cough and it sounded bad. Uh oh. He can’t be sick. The last time he was sick, it was bad and mom’s not home right now to deal with his sickness. She has something to do at New York, something for her book and will be gone for 4 days, leaving me in charge in this house. Kenny were needed at the office for awhile, so right now there only the two of us at home with doors locks of course.

He held his chest and took his inhaler for a bit. “Can you get some medicine for me please?” he croaks tiredly. I furrow my eyebrows and motion him to take a seat beside me as he was still standing in front of me. He slowly took a seat beside me resting his head behind the soft cushion. I sigh as I got up and went to the kitchen looking through the refrigerator and found the medicine that he needs. I made my way back to the living room seeing Justin still in the same position. I slowly took my seat beside him and feels his forehead, it’s not that hot but he looks pale and sick. “Bro?” I said shaking him a bit thinking he fell asleep. He opens his eyes looking daze. I gave him the medicine and a glass of warm water. He took them and sigh in relieve.

“Why are you suddenly sick?” I ask curious as he was just okay yesterday. He look at me tiredly. “I fell asleep on the balcony last night, so I kinda catch a little cold, I didn’t have high fever or anything, just my throat hurts and my head throbbing like a bitch.” He whine as he hold his head. I rolled my eyes. “Why the hell did you do that if you knew how fucking cold the weather outside especially at night time?” I ask narrowing my eyes at him. He just sigh again and close his eyes. “I just couldn’t sleep and I was writing some songs and the balcony is always the place I’ll get a lot of ideas.” He replied blankly and his voice was so raspy that I thought he might lose them soon. “Well, look what it did to you now? Sick and whiny.” I mocked making him groan. “Can you be a little nice to me, I’m sick.” He whine again making me chuckle. “It’s not my fucking fault that your sick isn’t it? And your not a fucking baby for me to treat your so special.” I said. “But I thought your in charge for now and mom would always treat me with love when I’m sick and I’m your baby brother aren’t I ? Big brother should always take care of their little one.” He said pouting trying to be cute which make me snort. “Seriously, shut the fuck up. Your more annoying when your sick.” I groan making him chuckle more and close his eyes as he lean his head to my shoulder.

“I’m worried about tomorrow Jase.” He said quietly making me frown. “Why are you worried bro? I’m the one who’s going to beat that dickhead.” I ask him chuckling even though I know why he’s worried, it’s Justin we’re talking about, he always thinks too much. “What if you got hurt? What if things gets out of control? What if someone died?” he gaps in the end as I just laugh at him. “Your so a dramatic brat. No one’s going to die okay and if it does happen, it’s not going to be me.” I said scarring him a bit. He jolts away from my shoulder as he sat and looked at me in horror. I tried to kept a straight face. “Your just joking right?” he ask in shaky voice making me burst in to fit of laughter. “Your such a fucking softy sometimes man. Of course I’m joking, no one planning on going to jail anytime soon and I’m for sure not planning to destroy my fucking life as much killing that Taco Bell would be such an epic thing.” I smirk to myself. Justin rolled his eyes. “It’s not funny Jason. It’s not my fault I got mom’s soft side in me and beside killing is not answer for any kind of problem.” He speaks like a little boy he is. I shook my head looking at my twin brother that never fails to annoys me but somehow amused me too.