Chapter 10: Help Me!

After so many struggles with distance, pain, and breakdowns, Amnesia hits. Griselda took so long to wake up, that time didn't pass in a blur, it felt like hell for everyone. She wasn't in a good place too, she was somewhere unfamiliar with familiar faces that were fading every time she tried to reach them.

As unpleasant as reality can be, she opened her eyes with vanished memories. It's hard to be lost in your own head, you can't even escape where you are. Everything comes with a cost, even memories. Echos of those dreams were pushing and pulling back her brain cells, "where are my memories? Who am I? Who are these kids?", she thought when she first woke up. Her lower lip shivered, she didn't know why she wants to cry, but she needed to cry.

Tears were rolling over her cheeks all night. When the sun was rising, she hoped anyone would help, yet, she was too scared to call for someone. She was afraid of the fact that she has been alone since forever, the feeling of loneliness was chocking her, she decided to go back to sleep.

"It's a dream, just one bad dream", she was repeating.

When she opened her eyes and found someone beside her bed, even though she doesn't recognize who, a feeling of relief filled her heart, and a smile escaped her lips. However, she left Jonathan in shock when he noticed that she doesn't even remember her name. He called her parents to announce the ambivalent news.

· JONATHAN: Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Forbes, first of all, good news or bad news?

· Mrs. FORBES: Good news, of course, we are tired of bad news.

· JONATHAN: Griselda opened her eyes, and we talked.

· Mrs. FORBES (Happily): Oh my God, I'm going to see her.

· JONATHAN: no wait, you didn't hear... the bad... ones.

· Mr. FORBES: Oh Lord! She didn't recognize you.

· JOANTHAN: Not just me. She didn't even know her name.

They all were shocked, but they put some fake happy faces as the doctor advised before entering her room.

· Mrs. FORBES (With a happy crying face): Hey darling!

· GRISELDA: I really don't want to be awkward, but, I guess you are Mom and Dad.

· Mr. FORBES (Forcing a smile): Yes honey, we are your parents.

· ANGELICA: Hey, baby girl.

· GRISELDA: The sister, Glad to know you are beautiful.

· ANGELICA (Chuckles): Yes, but not by blood. I'm your best friend me and Jonathan.

· GRISELDA: Jonathan! The person I first saw when I woke up! So, he's the best friend.

Griselda didn't know that Jonathan is her boyfriend; she was a little disappointed because when she woke up and found him in front of her, she assumed that he's her boyfriend. When she first saw him, she was impressed by the way he talked to her and how much he was concerned. 

After Angelica told her that he's the best friend and not the boyfriend yet, she was looking at him all the time feeling confused about how she didn't love him more than a best friend. She liked him again, and this was Jonathan's good news. He's not obliged to make her love him, her heart still remembers, unlike her brain.

After the doctor's check, her parents went to bring her some clothes and some stuff she asked for, including her phone. Angelica stayed with her while Jonathan went to talk with his father.