Chapter 24: The Lemon Tree.

Griselda left Dr. Brice collapsed and shocked. As always if the law doesn't take bad people down, there is always something called karma. Life is not that easy to underestimate, no one can escape his actions. Griselda went to meet with Angelica, as always she was impatiently waiting to hear how the meeting with Dr. Brice behind bars was.

· ANGELICA: Okay, I have thirteen minutes in my lunch break. Spill.

· GRISELDA: this rush will kill you someday. (She took a heavy sigh) I feel weird, it was killing me inside looking at her and can't chock her. I think that I am really turning into an evil person. I can't brush these thoughts away.

· ANGELICA: it's okay to think of it, it only should not be practiced. You are still upset, but you'll get over it soon and everything will be just fine.

· GRISELDA: I don't think so. I have this feeling that the real deal has just started.

· ANGELICA: what do you mean?

· GRISELDA: do you remember the song that Ben was always playing loudly? The one you gave to Dr. Brice.

· ANGELICA: The Lemon Tree? Yes, it's a really good song, yet it freaks me out, it reminds me of him.

· GRISELDA: I can't stop thinking of it and of him. I want to know what happened, Ms. Walpad said so many weird things that I want to dig into. She knows something but she can't talk about it.

· ANGELICA: since they know each other, then she's afraid that what happened to Ben may happen to her next.

· GRISELDA: she said that she's volunteering in the Sanitarium where she and Ben were. It's eerie to go back to the place that you hated the most.

· ANGELICA: okay fine, I'll go with you no need to ask. I'm down for it, just don't do anything stupid alone. I and Jonathan always have your back, so don't fool around.

· GRISELDA (laughing): well that was easy. Anyway, I guess something is fishy in that hospital and perhaps she's back there to look for something, and maybe that something has a strong relationship with Ben. She owes him a lot as she mentioned.

· ANGELICA: why were you listening to that song anyway? Have you found any answers?

· GRISELDA: I assume that he wasn't listening to it because he loved it. Here (she handed her the earphones) listen carefully to the lyrics, they have a message. A clear one. He was waiting for someone to hear him out, he was lonely and desperate and can't let go of what his son has done.

The song: Lemon Tree – Fools Garden.

I'm sittin' here in the boring room

It's just another rainy Sunday afternoon

I'm wasting my time

I got nothing to do

I'm hanging around

I'm waiting for you

But nothing ever happens and I wonder

I'm driving around in my car

I'm driving too fast

I'm driving too far

I'd like to change my point of view

I feel so lonely

I'm waiting for you

But nothing ever happens and I wonder

I wonder how

I wonder why

· ANGELICA (Took off the headphones): After what you told me about his son, I find it hard not believing him, he's a real sociopath. I was thinking that the psycho man really got into your head lately, but it all makes sense now. People were always complaining about the noise of the music, the repeated song all day. Obviously, he didn't try to reach them himself, why he was trying to make people come to him?