ᴏɴᴇ- 𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊

Ellie's POV

"Come on little sister, up and at 'em

"Come on little sister, up and at 'em." Merle's deep voice called out causing me to groan. Now normally, his voice is mildly annoying, but in the morning Merle's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. My eyes opened slightly to see Merle standing with his hands on his hips expectingly, he was waiting for me to get up. I nearly let out a whale as I turned over to get out of the small cot that I'd been sleeping in for the past few weeks.

"Hold ya horses," I grumbled as I swung my legs over the cot and onto the floor of the tent. Merle stepped back, giving me room to stand up n' pout, and far enough away I wouldn't strangle him.

"Now come on, girl, ya movin' slower than molasses. We got things to do today." His voice made me want to pull out my eardrums. I sighed, ushering him out of the tent so I could change out of my pajamas which were nothing but a small tank top and shorts.

Once he was fully out of the tent I zipped it closed and went straight to my bag. I pulled out my clothes which consisted of a black tank top, a green sleeveless flannel, black skinny jeans that'd been ripped from countless falls, and the combat boots that I managed to snag from a store a week back with Glenn. Thank goodness for it too, my shoes had all sorts of holes in them from previous runs.

When Daryl and Merle are out hunting I tend to go with Glenn or whoever on runs. Staying cooped up in camp wasn't really my thing, and Daryl's protectiveness tends to be suffocating.

I lazily pulled my hair up into a low-side ponytail as I walked out of the tent with a yawn. Everyone was already up and about, doing our normal daily routines. Merle has yet to act on any of his plans to rob this place because these people didn't quite trust us yet, but maybe if he'd stop being such a prick on occasion, they would.

"Well good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Lori said as she walked up to me with a smile. I'd grown closer to Lori over time. I wasn't sure what it was, but I just couldn't keep myself from becoming increasingly closer to her, no matter how hard I tried not to. Eventually, I gave up, reminding myself every day that the hurt I'd feel once she realized who I was and where I came from would only hurt so bad because I didn't pull away. My whole life I'd been told that Dixon's weren't worth shit by damn near everybody in town. I still remember my first crush telling me that he would never date a Dixon simply because Dixons were trash. Somewhere along the line, after years of being told this, I started to believe it.

"Mornin'." I huffed, still half asleep. She smiled at my grumpiness before giving my back a quick rub and walking off toward Carl.

"Ellie!" Merle yelled to me. My head dropped to my chin, not wanting to move my tired legs. I trudged towards Merle and the small group he was standing with.

"You really want Ellie coming with us?" Andrea asked, her eyes skeptical as she looked at my brother. 

"Ya weren't complainin' when she ran off with Glenn." Merle countered, still upset about recently finding out about my adventures while he and Daryl would hunt. Andrea let out a huff before dropping the topic, knowing she wouldn't win against the stubborn redneck.