ᴇɪɢʜᴛ- 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚜

(The ending is actually a deleted scene, and if you've never seen it, it's on YouTube, also this is the longest chapter I've ever written so if there's mistakes, I'll probably go back and fix them later when my brain is functioning properly.)

There was a nudge to my leg and I groaned, not turning over in fear of my ribs hurting when I just got them to feel somewhat normal

"C'mon, get up." My brothers gruff voice said as he nudged me one more time before I heard the bathroom door shut.

My eyes reluctantly opened, glaring at the bathroom door. Last night Daryl made me promise to talk to Jenner about my bruised ribs before forcing me to lay on the bigger couch. It was the only way I could get him to just go to sleep.

"Christ on a cracker." I winced as I sat up, squeezing my eyes shut with a hand hovering over my side. Thanks to Deputy Dickhead my side felt ten times worse than they did yesterday.

I lifted my shirt up only to find that the coloring had darkened. A whiny huff escaped my lips as I dropped the shirt along with my head. At this rate, it would take longer than a few weeks for my ribs to heal.

The bathroom door opened and closed before Daryl's footsteps walked towards me. They stopped right next to the couch and my eyes looked up towards him.

"Hurry up and talk to doc." He grumbled before making his way back over to the other couch.

I groaned before forcing myself up and dragging my backpack into the bathroom. My bag dropped to the cool tile floor and when I looked in the mirror I nearly jumped. The swelling in my lip had gone down significantly, and the bruise was almost gone, but there were dark bags under my eyes along with what looked to be worry lines. My face was still pretty beat up, but the bruises were healing. My dimple used to be on display all the time, but since the world ended there hadn't been much to smile about.

"Let's get this over with.." I mumbled to myself while reaching for my backpack to get some clothes.

I wore an off-white thick tank top, a pair of army green jean shorts, my leather jacket, and my boots. My necklace hung on my neck, reminding me of the day we'd joined this group. I was still the stupid, naive girl that thought by protecting the group she was protecting her brothers. Though I was probably still stupid and naive, I'd liked to think that I was at least a little more wise than I had been all those weeks ago. I still wore the bracelet that Sophia gave me. I promised her and myself that I'd never take it off, and I take my promises seriously.

That being said, I quickly brushed my teeth and let my hair do it's own wavy thing before exiting the bathroom and throwing my backpack on the couch so I could go find Jenner.

"C-...Can you come with me?" I asked my brother from where I stood. I was nervous to talk to Jenner alone, just like I was nervous to do most things alone. The only reason I was nervous was because I knew he'd have to poke at the bruise and since last night the slightest touch made me want to cry. I just didn't want to be in pain alone.