ꜰɪᴠᴇ- 𝙱𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝

I sat on top of the RV beside Dale

I sat on top of the RV beside Dale. He stopped trying to make conversation when he realized I was only up there to watch for Daryl to come back with Merle, not to make conversation or seek guidance.

The only person left in the camp that didn't annoy me to no end was Sophia. Even her mother was starting to make me question why we even came here. Though, I knew I was only annoyed with everybody because I wasn't permitted to go to Atlanta to find my brother.

"Ellie." A voice called from below. I tried to ignore it, but she only continued. "I can wrap your ribs in the RV. Andrea told me how bad you fell." Snitch.

With a sigh, I looked at the woman I was best friends with only a day ago. Lori looked up towards me with a hand over her eyes to shield them from the bright sun.

"You're not gonna be any help to them if you're not healing." I considered her words carefully. She was right. I would be absolutely no help to Merle or Daryl on the road with my ribs the way that they were. If I didn't start taking care of 'em now, I'd be useless longer than any of us would care for.

With a sigh, I walked over to the edge and climbed down the metal ladder on the side of the large motor home vehicle.

I hopped down, ignoring the twinge of pain I got when I landed. It was like I was trying to prove to myself that I could handle the pain, that accepting Lori's help didn't make me weak.

She ushered me inside and had me sit on top of the bed in the back. The blinds and curtains were closed, so we had the privacy we needed.

I kept my mouth shut and my eyes trained on the carpet while Lori searched for the first aid kit in one of the cabinets.

Both of us were silent, clearly unsure of how to communicate. After all, her husband is part of the reason my brother was left behind on a roof, not to mention my other brother tried to stab her said husband.

She sat beside me and I took off my shirt, attempting, but failing horribly to suppress my wince.
The bruises were horribly discolored, and a gasp left Lori's lips.

"Why didn't you say anything before?" Her eyebrows were furrowed as she inspected the bruises, almost looking unsure.

"I was a little occupied," I mumbled, wincing as I tossed the shirt.

Lori paused, realizing what I meant. She took another look at me before shaking her head. "I can't wrap them, it'll only make it worse." She sighed.

"Is there anything we can do?" I questioned, reaching over for my shirt and silently cursing myself for tossing it the way I did.