ɴɪɴᴇ- 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜

Third Person POV

That night, Sophia only slept when Ellie slept on the other side of her

That night, Sophia only slept when Ellie slept on the other side of her. The floor wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but Ellie told herself that it was better than being dust under a pile of burning rubble.

The group decided to cut down on vehicles to save gas, so despite Ellie's emotional attachment to Merle's truck, they had to let it go.

"Daryl, please, I can't ride in that RV." Ellie said as Daryl continued to syphon the gas out of T-dogs old church van.

"Why not?" He asked, only halfway listening as he focused on the task at hand.

"Because...it's too crowded." That was a flat out lie if Daryl ever heard one, and he'd heard plenty. The truth was, Shane and Andrea were the last two people she wanted to be around. The Peletier family car was already full, so the only other option would be the back of Merle's bike.

"Ya sure yer ribs'll be fine?" His big brother mode began to kick in, causing Ellie to roll her eyes a bit.

"Daryl, I'll be fine. Those painkillers Jenner gave me are like magic pills." This time it was only a half lie. Ellie's ribs still ached when she breathed heavily or something came in contact with them, but they weren't in constant pain like before.

"Fine." Daryl huffed as he began to finish up. "Ya better not fall off." He glared at the (occasionally) reckless teenager.

"When have I ever-" Ellie stopped as soon as the memory from years ago popped into her mind. When Merle first got his bike, he took her for a ride, and her being the idiot that she was, had decided to let go just to see what would happen. Merle had a field day once he was sure that she was fine, and Daryl didn't let her back on until two years later. Her brother looked up to her, daring her to finish the sentence so he could remind her. "Never mind." She stated before turning on her heals to put the bag on her shoulder, back into the RV.

As she stepped inside, Dale was rummaging through one of the kitchen cabinets. Ellie's footsteps caused him to look over, but once he saw it was only the young teenage girl, he visibly relaxed.

"Hey, Ellie." The old man called out before turning back to the cabinet.

"Hey, Dale." Ellie called back with a sigh. "Do you mind if I leave my bag in the bedroom?"

"Of course not—wait you're not riding in the RV?" He asked, facing the teenager once more with a curiously raised eyebrow.

The young girl slightly leaned into the table as she thought about how she could say that she wasn't going to be riding in the RV because two of her least favorite people in the group were riding in it. Though it sounded a tad childish, so she decided on just lying instead.