ᴛᴡᴏ- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎

Ellie's POV

After Merle's hissy fit, Officer Friendly made him calm down

After Merle's hissy fit, Officer Friendly made him calm down. Thank god for it too, thanks to my injuries I couldn't even pull him off of T. When I tried, his elbow flew backward, and in my injured state I hadn't noticed it coming and he knocked me back, successfully busting n' bruising my lip.

Officer Friendly cuffed him to one of the pipes along the roof, and he was currently sending T-dog the glare of the century. He had yet to look at me or even acknowledge the fact that he hit me. Although it was an accident, it still hurt that he didn't stop when I called. It was so obvious that I was behind him, the least he could've done was check on me after he knocked me to the floor. This wasn't the first time I'd taken a hit from a Dixon man, but I never thought it'd happen again after he died. If Daryl were here he'd be livid, but he wasn't, and I was forced to deal with Merle.

The others left to see if there was a way to leave this hellhole through the sewers, leaving me, Merle, and T-dog. T's job was to try and contact the others to let them know of the pickle we were in, while I was to play peacekeeper, as usual.

I played with my angel wing, basking in the silence. I knew Merle was bound to speak soon, and I'd have to shut him up.

"Anybody out there? Hello? Anybody read?" T-dog spoke into the walkie. "I'm hopin' to hear somebody's voice 'cause I'm gettin' sick and tired of hearin' mine."

"Yeah, well that makes two of us," Merle said causing me to let out a deep sigh. "Why don't you knock that crap off? You're giving me a headache, boy."

"Merle, please." I shut my eyes, just hoping that he would keep his mean words to a minimum.

"Why don't you pull your head out of your ass? Maybe your headache will go away." T's words made me—and surprisingly Merle—chuckle. "Try some positivity for a change, damn."

"I'll tell you what. You get me outta these cuffs and I'll be all "Sammy Sunshine" positive for ya." Merle tried to bargain, but we all knew what would happen if he was un-cuffed. "Hey, see that hacksaw over there in that tool bag? Get it for me, hmm? I'll make it worth your while. What do ya say, man, c'mon. Get me outta these things."

For some reason, Merle still refused to look at me, even when I spoke he kept his eyes everywhere else but me.

"Stop it, Merle. No one's letting you out 'cept Officer Friendly." I hissed, his eyes glanced over to me before resting on the roof's cement "railing".

"I know you ain't talkin' to me, baby sister." He was clearly annoyed that I wasn't on his side.

"After that hissy fit ya pitched, and the elbow to my face, you're lucky I'm talkin' to ya at all." I glared. T-dog pretended like he wasn't hearing anything, clearly uncomfortable with the two siblings in front of him bickering.