viii. Lost Lupin

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

chapter eight | lost lupin

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Unsurprisingly, the topic of conversation for the next couple of days was Sirius Black and his attempted break in to Gryffindor Common Room. Everyone was creating theories about how he'd managed to enter the castle, and the more they went on, the wilder they became, much to the amusement of Maddie and Jess, who had spent a good ten minutes in a fit of laugher at Hannah Abbott's suggestion that he could turn into a flowering shrub.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been replaced with a portrait of a knight, who was apparently called Sir Cadogan - not many people were happy about this. He spent half his time challenging fellow Gryffindors to duels, and the rest thinking up complicated passwords that he'd change at least twice a day.

However, he might be trained fairly well in annoying people - but Maddie Jordan was the master, and so her tactic was to bug him as much as possible until he let her, Jess, Jake and anyone else around them, in. Maddie was in her element during these moments - whether that was a good thing, or not.

But she might as well put her excellent abilities in pissing people off to good use, right?

As the weeks passed, the weather grew more, and more miserable, dark clouds casting over Hogwarts what felt like every minute of every day - and the fact that Dementors were still patrolling the edges of the school most likely played a part in making it all worse. Even the school corridors and classrooms were dark and dreary, candles having being lit everywhere. It was at times like these, the Gryffindor Common Room felt like the most cosiest place in the world.

Jess had been avoiding her older brother for the past couple days, because the first Quidditch match of the season was dawning on him and the rest of Gryffindor's Quidditch Team - and, considering the amount of stress Oliver usually went through for his games, for it be his final year to be able to grab Gryffindor the win, they were convinced he'd be even more worked up about it than usual. They were definitely correct, judging by the state of the team when they returned to the common room after practice everyday. Not to mention, they'd caught the oldest Wood rushing to his players between lessons to give them tips.

"It's like he's having a mid-life crisis at seventeen," Jess complained, as their trio walked to Defence Against the Dark Arts. "Like, I get it, it's Quidditch, it's his last year to win, but he's gone absolutely mental,"

"Well, yeah," said Maddie. "But he's always been mad on Quidditch, hasn't he? Only this year he's... ten times worse..."

"I didn't even know that was possible," said Jake. "I never thought you could get worse than Ollie - but he's somehow broken his own record for flipping out over Quidditch,"