ix. Detention With Ronnie

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

chapter nine | detention with ronnie

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"If Snape thinks I'm going to do homework for him for a lesson he doesn't teach, then he's gone mental," Jess said, as she, Maddie and Jake made their way back to the Gryffindor Common Room after pigging out in the Great Hall.

"I know, but..." Jake trailed off. "We don't really wanna get on his bad side, do we?"

"We?" Maddie glanced his way with a funny expression. "I've been on his bad side since the second lesson of our first year, that ship sailed a long time ago,"

"Okay," Jake nodded, knowing fully well Maddie was correct. "But you don't want to get into even more trouble, do you? You've already got a detention, tonight,"

"Yeah, well," Maddie shrugged. "I'm already knee deep in shit, aren't I? What's a little more?"

The trio entered the common room, which was bustling with students due to it being that particular time of day where everyone retreated to their House turf, thankful that their busy day had ended. Although, there were the few unlucky students that didn't have the luxury of a relaxed evening ahead of them - and two of these were third year Gryffindors.

"There you are!" A voice exclaimed with a hint of annoyance, and Maddie looked up to meet an agitated looking Ron Weasley, crossing his arms impatiently. She blinked with bewilderment, slightly taken aback at his abruptness.

"Ron!" she greeted, her face relaxing with a smile once the surprise had faded away. "What's up?"

"What's up? I've been waiting ages for you - we've got detention, Snape's gonna murder us, if we're late!"

"Alright, precious," she said, letting out a laugh, as Jess left her with a smirk, shortly joined by Jake. "We can go now, if you're so worried,"

"I'm not worried! I just don't want anymore shit from Snape," Ron said, defensively.

"Yeah, well, who always gets detentions from him? Me. Meaning, who knows best? Me. So stop stressing, Weasley. I didn't take you for such a worrier,"

"Wha- I'm not." he said quickly. "I'm not a worrier,"

"Well, you're certainly acting like one,"

Ron shut up, after that.

The two arrived at the Hospital Wing, where Madame Pomfrey seemed to greet Maddie with a look of slight dread.

"Miss Jordan," she said. "I was wondering when you'd end up here again - what is it now, young lady?"

Ron turned his head to the girl with a questionable glance.

"Oh, no," Maddie brushed it off with a laugh. "I'm not injured this time, I got a detention,"