xii. Back To Black

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

chapter twelve | back to black

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

GRYFFINDOR WON the Quidditch game, which resulted in a party in the common room, much to Maddie's delight. And it would normally be the buzz and centre of all the Hogwarts gossip for probably the next week - but, this time it certainly did not look like that was going to be the case, thanks to a particular Weasley boy waking up in the middle of a night to a most unpleasant sight.

"Bloody hell, what was that?" Lavender Brown's voice sounded, after a faint bellow could be heard through a couple thin walls.

Maddie sat up, her curls tucked up in a messy ponytail, and rubbed her eyes. She was surrounded by total darkness, but the sound of rustling bedcovers and curtain hangings being moved about signified the wake of the other girls she shared her dormitory with. She certainly wasn't alone in hearing the yell coming from what sounded a couple rooms away. The young Jordan opened her curtains, as a slam of a door sounded in the distance

"Did you hear that?" A sleepy Jess asked.

"Australia heard that," said Maddie with a dreary voice, looking around and practically still half asleep. Parvati and Lavender both lit their lamps, just as Hermione opened the curtains around her bed.

A faint shouting began seconds after, however it was too far out of earshot for any of the girls to make out what was being said. But Maddie could immediately recognise who the terrified voice belonged to.

"It's Ron," she said, before her eyes flicked towards Hermione. "For fuck's sake, it's not that pissing rat again, is it?"

Hermione's alert expression fell slightly at the mention of Ron and his rat - Maddie had forgotten they were currently arguing.

"I... I dunno..." she said slowly.

All the girls in the dormitory scrambled out of bed, eager to know what was going on. Lavender and Parvati grabbed their dressing gowns, but Maddie could not be bothered to fetch her own, and so ventured out into the common room and down the stairs in just her purple satin pyjama set. She adored pyjama sets, she thought they were so cute. Especially the stripy ones, or the ones with little patterns on...

Anyways - boys now were appearing out of their rooms as well, Ron, Harry and the rest of their dormitory all at the bottom of the staircase. The light from the glowing fire highlighted  the leftover mess from the party just a few hours before, and Maddie began to wonder if they were simply just trying to start it back up again.

"Ah, it's riot time," she joked.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" Fred Weasley said, brightly.