Chapter 10.

"You told me that you needed to talk."

He stare at me, his eyes widening with surprise. He opens his mouth to say something but he closes his mouth. I raise my eyebrow at him, questioning his act.

"You mean, you're gonna let me talk, like for real?"

"Yes, Jake."

"Um, we can talk while we walk."

"No, we're not walking. Not in midnight."

"Come on, shorty."

"How can I be sure that you won't murder me."

"Shorty......"

His voice is pleading. There's something in his voice that makes me believe him, even though I don't want to. I don't trust him, at all. But right now, he seems different. His attitude gone and his cold look is replaced with something I couldn't recognise.

"Okay."

He nods his head in response and walks along the street. I follow him. His pace is slow so it's not that to keep up.

"Why did you talk to me?" I ask, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Melissa and I broke up."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah."

What? I repeat mentally. I knew they were having some problems but I didn't expect them to break up. So, basically he came to my house in midnight and ruined my night to tell me that he and Melissa broke up? Unbelievable. This must be quite a bid deal or else I'm going to kill him myself.

"What happened?"

"I caught her with some guy. I didn't want to break up but I was angry."

"So what did you do?"

"I told her that I never needed her and I never loved her. I told her that I don't need to see her face again."

"Oh." So it is a big deal.

"I know it's horrible."

"So you still love her?"

"I suppose so."

My heart feels heavy. Don't get me wrong but I was actually kind of happy when I heard about the break up. Maybe because Melissa isn't a nice girl. Jake was rude too but he was a honest guy.

He takes a seat on the pavement. I copy his actions, sitting far from him. The night is cold, and I'm in my pajamas.

"So, do you want me to do something? " I ask.

"That's why I'm here. I need your help."

"What?"

"I need you to talk Melissa. Tell her that I didn't mean it."

"Tell her that yourself."

"No, she won't believe me."

"Then tell one of your friends to do that."

"They can't do it."

"Why?"

"Shorty, will you help me or not?"

He asks me looking in to my eyes. I feel myself stiffening under his gaze. His gorgeous eyes scans my brown eyes looking for the answer.

"I need more time." I answer honestly.

Yeah, I need time. I want to think. Melissa is the last person I would imagine myself being friends with.

"Oh, okay. But you have to help me."