Chapter One: The Letter

5/26/19

Dear Leonor,

I know I'm not supposed to send this letter and we made things clear before not to contact each other. I just want you to know that I am always here for you. I'm still your friend and things will not change, I will always care about you. It's been 6 years since we lost contact but I am worried when I heard from Elaine  you're nowhere to be found. I know where you are, staying in your mom's secret place and I am not telling anyone about this but please feel free to contact me.

- Kevin

(Kevin in the airport getting his luggage)

This is the letter that I've sent to her a month ago before I came back to China. A place where it all started and I think a place where everything will end. A place of regrets, pain and complicated decisions.

 Everybody thinks that if you have everything and seems like your living a life of freedom because your rich and your parents is not putting you under control, your future will become at ease. But things happened even if we don't expect it to. Actually, there's nothing wrong for having everything because it's a blessing but what if........ there's a specific one mistake in your past that would ruined every single dream you have. And it's a matter of deciding whether to run away or to stay.

(Kevin going out in the airport)

Heyyyyyyy!!! KEVIN!!! HERE!! (A noise I 'm hearing while coming out and as soon as I look into that side I saw my cousin Elaine with her daughter Lenz)

Elaine: KEVIN!! We came to pick you up. Grandfather told me your flight is today and he can't pick you, so I insisted (Feeling proud). I know you don't want royalty. (Giggles while teasing him)

Kevin: Well (Sarcastic face), I bet you know now how to take care of your cousin. You always bully me before.

Lenz: Mama you bullied uncle before? You told me that was wrong. Right?

Kevin: So this is my pretty niece. (Patting her head)

Elaine: Hey Hey (Lowered voiced don't know how to explain), let's go now. I think it's going to rain, so we need to hurry.

Kevin: (Dazed for a while. He remembered the old times)

Lenz: Uncle don't just stand there. Let's Go!

( Elanine and Lenz inside the car)

Elaine: Baby your very casual talking to him. You just met him in video calls right?

Lenz: What's wrong with that mama? Beside my uncle is handsome (Scary laugh) my teacher is pretty too and she has no boyfriend. You think.... (Interfered by her mother)

Elaine: Your uncle is a loner. He doesn't need anyone from his life. Let him be.... ( Worried face) Besides, he have us . We will take care of him for now. Okay?

Lenz: Got it! Heheheh (Scary laugh)

(Kevin at the back of the car. Fixing his suitcase)

Kevin: (getting in the car) you don't need to talk behind my back. You gonna ask me face to face yah know (looking at Elaine with one eyebrow up, being suspicious knowing she's saying something to her daughter)

Elaine: What do you mean? (Bitch face. Not guilty . Innocent) Hurry up we need to get going.

Lenz: Uncle? I have a question. (Raising her right hand) Do you have a girlfriend? If no... (Matchmaker face) Would you mind to go on a blind date with my teacher?

Elaine: (Bitch Face. Having an eye to eye conversation with her daughter.)

Kevin: HAHHAHAHAHAHHA (Laughing so badly) like mother like daughter huh! Let's go now. I really think it's going to rain soon . We need to go now.

------- After an hour---------

(Arriving at Smith Mansion)

Aunt Mary: Welcome back young master.

Mansion's workers: Welcome back young master.

(The body guards and maids greeting us when we enter the house.)

Kevin: (Hugging her old nanny) I'm happy to see you Aunt Mary. (Releasing her) It's seems that you aged a bit ( Laugh) But still the same huh? You still call me young master.

Aunt Mary: (Wiping hear tears) I'm happy to see you smile again Kevin. Welcome back.

(Elaine with her teary eyes suddenly changes the mood)

Elaine: Pack your things now jerk!

Lenz: Mommy watch your words!

Kevin: (Irritated face) Will you stop calling me jerk!

Aunt Mary: You two never change. Like old times (Smiles) Go now son, take a rest.

(Kevin walking up the stairs heading in his old room)

As soon as I came back in this place, a lot of flashback memories came into my mind. Servants would bow their heads, butlers would say, "Sir we have prepared everything" and it's like coming back to me, my old life. The time where everything is okay, having my friends, laughing together, skipping classes and studying together. What happy place before.

It's been 6 years and those familiar feelings are still here but most importantly my love for her still remains. As soon as I saw Elaine laughing with her daughter having her new life, I feel happy for her but at the same time I was also thinking (would it be still the same as before?) me, her, Robin, Jayson, Elaine, Michael (her sister's best friend) and my sister hanging out like a group of gangs, inseparable. Well, I guess as time goes by people really change and whatever choices we make, we could either bear the consequences or treasure that exact moment. I just hope (Smiling while holding the curtain) one more time.... Just one more time, I can see her again. Before.................

( he closed his eyes, he hold his head, he open his eyes  and open the curtain)

to be continued.....

Character Review

Kevin Smith-Chua -  The grandson of  Gavin Chua. Was said to be the future heir of Chua company before.

Elaine Chua- Kevin's cousin. The second grandchild of Gavin Chua.

Lenz Chua- Li - Elaine's daughter

Aunt Mary- She treats Elaine and Kevin's as her children. Smith Mansion's care taker.