Chapter four: Reminiscing her past

When I go to beach every day I feel the real purpose of life. The sound of waves, the sand under my feet, lights from far off boats with fishermen on board and the kids who waves their hands on me. My eyes witnessing this different scenery, a scene that would help me realize how wonderful life is and how life sum up all the choices we make. Sometimes it crosses my mind, that even the smallest decisions can change our lives forever.

I wish I could stay here longer... I wish I'll stay here forever.... But I need to go back and faced the reality of my life. To be the heir of my grandfather's company and protect it no matter what. Like how my mother would sacrifice everything for his father's happiness. I'll do the same. I'll choose the path my mother left.

Anna: Lady Leonor, I bought the groceries you list. Should we go now? Or should we stay a bit longer?

Leonor: I think it's time to go home now Anna and faced my life. Right?

Anna: Pardon ma'am?

Leonor: The groceries I listed, it's good for 3 days. Will be heading home on Tuesday.

Anna: Umm.. I ... I mean you sure about that? (Asking just to make it sure) I mean you decided to leave because you want to rest. Well, not mentioning the fact that you didn't even tell your grandfather. Leaving without permission. His gonna be mad... No... Real mad! (WORRIED FACE)

Leonor: Mad? On me?

Anna: No ma'am. (SARCASTIC FACE) On me (WORRIED FACE)..... Right now I'm trying to picture out what will happen on my career when I go back in that company.

Leonor: Hey Hey (A JOKE APPROACH) you're my second cousin. You should not worry those things, besides I got your back remember (Confident on saving her)

Anna: Well, you better be. After all you were the one who drag me here. I only agreed because I'm worried you'll get in trouble again.

Leonor: (SARCASTIC LAUGH) Kindly send a word to my grandfather. I'm going home on Tuesday I'll just wrap up things in my mother's orphanage..... I'm gonna miss this place (Turn her head on the other side as she watches the view of the beach)

(Back in her mother's secret rest house.)

Leonor: I'll go upstairs now and change. Please make our dinner big sis. ( Smiling at anna)

Anna: Don't call me big sis (irritated face & voice) I always cook your food.

(Leonor laugh and went upstairs heading into her room... After changing her clothes, she went on her office desk. Leonor pick the envelope and read the letter inside..... Having a serious glance on it)

Leonor: It's been 6 years huh. Indeed, time flies so fast. (She drop the letter)

(She walks out into her room and went on the terrace where she sits on the chair.... She clenched her fist and held it over her chest, suddenly her eyes were filling with tears. )

------------ 9 YEARS AGO ------------

Leonor: You can drop me here. I'll meet up with Elaine in this convenience store.

Driver: Pardon my lady?

Leonor: Don't worry I've already talk with my mom about this.

Driver: Okay Lady Leonor. I'll park the car nearby.

(Leonor started walking and head inside the convenience store. Upon entering she saw the old man who's fixing the food stocks suddenly collapsed. She immediately run into him .....)