Chapter Ten: A Deal

Chapter Ten: A Deal

As soon as I step inside the meeting room it's so silent that the background noise measured can be heard. This the first time I'm seeing Mr Smith after that incident 6 years ago. But I have been preparing myself for this terrible meeting that would actually happen in the future. Now I'm facing the man who started it all...

Leonor: I'm sorry ... Did you wait that long Mr. Smith?

Gavin: Well, that's not a problem. Oh Leonor? You've grown pretty. I though I'll meet your grandfather, where is he?

Leonor: Sorry there have been conflict, due to his schedules I was asked to meet you. Shall we take a sit?

Gavin: I see. Okay let's start then.

(They started talking about the business proposal and partnership)

I never thought he would propose to put the smith corporation under KIM marketing group. That's his point right? Why use a lot of words to explain the benefits and gain we can have, where he can tell directly and straight to the point that there company is not in a good state.

Gavin: So that's it. What do you think?

Leonor: mm... In short your company will be under us. Under Kim marketing group?

Gavin: Yes, if that's how you see it.

Leonor: We should announce this partnership on Tuesday. Will invite everyone in Kim Marketing Group. Should we held it in your villa?

Gavin: Umm... I'm not sure if my villa is...

Leonor: Beside, if we announce it together in your place that means it's a big news. Smith Corporation under Kim Marketing Group. It will attract more investors. 2 famous Marketing group in china.

Gavin: Okay. Then it's a deal.

(They shake hands)

Gavin: I'll go ahead. Thank you for today.

Leonor: Thank you also for choosing us.

(Upon leaving the room Gavin took the phone from his secretary and told him...)

Gavin's Secretary: Sir, Young master was calling you.

Gavin: Give me the phone.

(When the door was closed. Leonor stands up and the expression on her face was a mixture of dazed.)

Leonor: Young master...? (Low tone)

It's been one 1hr. since I've been calling grandfather. After hearing from his secretary that we've been facing some crisis in the company I was worried he'll work overnight and didn't even think about his health. I wish I could help him but I know mom would not be happy so instead, I tried to call my sister. She graduated as a Clinical Pharmacy but she's also major in Business Administration. I think she can help, she's been running a restaurant and a pharmacy in America, she's a business minded person.

(Kevin over the phone)

Kristina: Hey, what's up? Took you so long to call your sister.

Kevin: Sorry about that. The truth is I would like to ask a favour from you.

Kristina: Come on, Say it you're giving me chills.

Kevin: Huh? It's about the company.

(Kristina was speechless and didn't answer)

Kevin: The Company is facing some major problems. Grandfather's health is not good to?

Kristina: Should I tell mom instead?

Kevin: What? You serious?

Kristina: To be honest mom told me this recently. And I've been ask to go back and take the lead there. But I don't think I can face someone there.

Kevin: Are you sick? or am I?

Kristina: I'm serious Kevin. And beside our company will be under KIM MARKETING GROUP.

Kevin: What? Haven't heard about that.

Kristian: Maybe because none of you from our house really care. Elaine is not even interested in our company and we can't blame her. For generations our grandfathers have been fighting that. But is it worth it?

Kevin: Can you come over for me? This is my last request.

Kristina: I'm coming but for a while can you get the position... I need t finish something here first.

Kevin: Sure, thanks sis.

Kristina: And please stop saying stupid words about life. We've talk about this where here for you. I'll go now bye.

A lot of things change after that accident 6 years ago. If I can face her again what should I say? What should I ask? Should I explain? Should I try and ask for her forgiveness? I hope I can make it up to her, I hope we can fix the friendship that was established by our families before. What did she become? As a person, as a lady and as a boss? Is the goal she wants still the same to take over their company? I hope she did find her own path of happiness with that, then I'll be happy......