Chapter two : Old memories, Old friend

Early in the morning I woke up and my relatives are still asleep. I decided to jog in a place near in my school back when I was 16 years old. I was a transferee back then so I only knew my cousin Elaine and her Boyfriend Jayson. I remembered the time where they fight a lot and Jayson with his pleasing eye want me to do his favor, just to make it up with his girlfriend. I feel irritated at the time but now going back from that old memory, I'm really thankful I met them. I always got them in my back. 

(He pick his jacket, a bit of his money, ID, phone,  watch and he went out...)

As I take a break, while walking I love the feeling of fresh air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair. I stopped at the convenience store. As I open the door , I can see that the old bell is still there but it seems like the old lady cashier is not around anymore. I went on the book side, viewing the vehicle passing by and a blink of an eye, a car accident happen. I run outside and check the person inside the two cars. Luckily they survived, but the man that was hit is in critical condition. I tried everything to save him but he lost his pulse. One thing for sure, his heart was weak at that time or should we say it his time. Life is really precious that's why.....we need to use our days wisely.

(Ambulance arrival)

Kevin: I'm a doctor. Doctor Chua from ALS medical canter. This patient hit his head badly. I also did check his ID from his wallet his age is 67. When I check his vitals little by little I'm losing it. I believe his head was in shock when it hit the ground. He was also experiencing a heart attacked when I tried to save him.

Medic: Sir can we just borrow your ID, we need this to fill the information in the hospital.

Kevin: Sure no problem. (Giving his professional ID) Just call if you need to ask something. I saw everything

Police officer: Don't worry sir, will take care of things here and I'll bring your ID back.

(As soon as I heard that voice. I already know it sounds familiar. So I turned around...)

Kevin: It's been a long time sarge. I'm happy to see you again Jayson.

Jayson: Well I'm not (Joking approach)

Kevin: never change huh. (Smirking)

Jayson: Come here you jerk (He hugged Kevin and pat his hair like a big bro)

Kevin: Hey watch out! Do your Job. ( A joke approach)

Jayson: Sorry men, (Smiling with confidence) I was just carried away

(On the side of the road, Kevin is watching his old friend Jayson, both of his hand on his pants pockets.)

I'm proud seeing Jayson achieving his dream being a police officer. But nothing changes his still doing the things he likes, I bet that's why he did not end up marrying my cousin, though his Lenz father. My grandfather is a dictatorial especially to Elaine. He's over protective because he doesn't want to lose her beloved ones again like what happen to Elaine's parents and to my grandmother. But even though they did not end up together they never lost contact. My brother said, they always eat outside with Lenz, it seems like a happy family for me.

I believed they still loved each other but settling never comes in their mind for now. Elaine is a really goal centered person and she's really busy writing  her books while my family is a group of medical professionals. To be honest it's ironic, we are far from my grandfather's profession. Nowadays my grandfather is really worried of his company's future because he has no successor at all. Even if I want to help him and I want to take the same field his in, my mother wouldn't let me. She said, I should go and live my own life... without stress and pain in the neck, not like his father.

(Kevin having a glace on the outside of the convenience store)

But now remembering the past, ever since I went on this convenience store and met Leonor. I remember having two dream. All my life, I just want to protect the girl that I like and  protect my grandmother's company but the only way to do that  is to be the heir of Smith Company. Yes protect the... protect the company and with that ....... I've hurt her.

to be continued....

CHARACTER REVIEW 

Jayson Li - Lenz father and Elaine's ex-boyfriend

Kevin Smith-Chua - At this chapter his profession is revealed. A doctor fo ALS medical center.