Part 3

Keeping his phone aside he walked out of his room to find his mom.. He found her in her room sitting on the bed talking on the phone.. as soon as she saw him she had a broad smile on her face and told whoever she was on phone that she would call them back later..

"uth gaye.. aa ja.. kuchh chahiye? Chai? Khana?"

"Chai bol ke aaya hun.. kiska phone tha?" he asked sitting beside her on the bed..

"kis kis ka nahi tha puchh le.. subah se ruka hi nahi bajna phone.. jo jo log kabhi call nahi karte unko bhi abhi ghar aake badhai deni hai tuze abhi.. " she said, beaming proudly at him..

He smirked "yeah right.. aap abhi bulao mat kisi ko pls haan..? Abhi 2 week at least na mein kahi ja raha hun na kisi ko ghar me la raha hun.. "

"tu jaise bolega waise.. " she said caressing a hand through his hair..

2

"itna khush kya baat hai!! " he said trying to read if she had slightest of worry or discomfort in her demeanor..

"of course I am happy beta.. aur abhi tu ghar bhi aa gaya wo bhi jeet ke.. hum sab ab bahot khush hai... itne din tu kabhi raha nahi na bahar.. " she said rubbing his arms..

He wasn't convinced.. his overthinking mind wanted to know more.. "I heard you answering one of the reporter yesterday you are relieved now that this is over.. there won't be any more of this.. what did you mean? you definitely were upset because of me when I was inside right? Did anyone say anything to you because of me? I can answer any question you have.. you know that right? Aap ko jo bhi lagta hai meine galat kiya aap batao.. I can explain meine kyun kiya.. " He said holding her hand in his big palms rubbing them trying to sooth not sure her or his own worry..

She looked at his skeptical face. He had no idea how very happy and proud he had made her. She did not know how to make him understand that. He thought he had made his family upset.. he couldn't have been farther from the truth..

3

She continued when he did not speak anything.

"Of course mein thi pareshan beta.. we all were worried" she said looking at him.. he finally seemed to have heard what he wanted to hear. He had convinced himself inside the house that something was wrong. His behavior in the house definitely would have troubled his family. And now that she said it out loud he felt relieved thinking he wasn't wrong. He can make it better now..

She smiled at her sensitive son.. she needed him to know that he did not make them feel any less by his behavior in the house.. so she replied to him making sure he looks at her,

"pareshan thi tere liye.. we were worried for you.. Not because of you.. Tune aisa koi kaam nahi kiya waha jisse hame ya tuze embarrass hona pade.. samjha tu?" she said stressing on the right words to make him understand what she is trying to say..

"sab thik hai bachhe.. mein kyun jhut bolungi bataa? mein ghar mein aayi thi tab bhi jhut nahi bola tha tuze.. sab thik tha tab bhi. Aur abhi to aur bhi achha hai.. "

4

"Tab ek hi complaint thi, aur wo ahi bhi hai lekin.. she said looking at him seriously.. he arched his eyebrow asking what she was complaining about, ready to explain..

"Cigarette!! " she said.. making him laugh a bit finally.. he nodded sobering quickly, nervously waiting for another shoe to drop and she understood it... she knew he was waiting for her to say something about his fights and his not so nice behavior with few of the housemates..