Surprise

Izuku's POV

I stared at the ceiling, waiting for my alarm to go off. Sleep was a rare occurrence for me, and if it did happen, it wouldn't last long due to the nightmares. My ceiling was a tapestry of music posters, anime artwork, and hero memorabilia, with lights lining the edges, providing something to look at when I had nothing to do. 'BRRRRR'—I hit my clock to shut it off and sat up.

"Morning, Mia, are you hungry?" Mia, an Abyssinian cat that Aizawa gave me when he moved me into the apartment, was an easygoing companion who always loved to cuddle. She came to my side, pawing me.

"Come on." I got up and walked into the small kitchen, grabbing her a can of wet food from the cabinet. Though I wasn't initially a cat lover, she had grown on me. After feeding her, I got dressed.

Slipping into my uniform and throwing on my black leather jacket, I ran my hands through my hair quickly before bidding Mia farewell and walking out the door.

Aizawa had set me up in a good complex not far from school and close to him and Yamada. I grabbed my helmet from my bike, made sure my backpack was securely on my shoulders, and hopped on, heading to school.

I enjoyed the ride to school, especially when passing through the park. It was always colorful and calming. Slowing down, I pulled into the empty school parking lot.

Being early today, Aizawa wanted an update from the meeting last night. I quickly parked and headed toward the meeting room. The school was empty and quiet as I walked through the halls; it was only 7:00, and school started at 8:30. Few people lingered around.

Though it was only my second day, I had already memorized many of the halls. I stopped at meeting room one and knocked. "Come in!"

Sliding the door open, I saw everyone was already there. Everyone, meaning All Might, Aizawa, Yamada, Nezu, and Midnight. "Where is Detective Tsukauchi?" He usually attended these meetings to hear updates, and he would want to be here for this one.

"He had other business at the office." I nodded, sat down, and pulled out my notebook from my bag. "They are attacking."

********************************************************************************************************

Last night

'He is probably going to be pissed tomorrow. But he is m-' My phone started to ring in my pocket. Connected to my helmet, I picked it up. "Hello?"

"He wants you down here." Great, I just wanted to go home and eat. "I'm on my way." I ended the call and took a hard turn that would take me downtown.

The tall buildings slowly transformed into small houses covered in graffiti and trash. I pulled into the driveway behind the bar and parked. Quickly, I ran up the stairs and walked into the bar.

"Great, you're here." I flipped off Shigaraki, who sat at the bar with Compress and Toga. "Shigaraki, be nice." In the doorway stood the League's leader, my father.

"Why am I here?" I tried to maintain eye contact with him, but it was hard enough to stop myself from shaking. "We are attacking UA in 2 weeks. Izuku, you know how to get us in, right?"

My father gritted his teeth as he said the end. I nodded and pulled out my school ID. "This lets you through the gate; we can make copies. Why are we moving up the attack?"

I was staring at the floor, not wanting another beating like yesterday. "We are going after All Might, so you better be ready to finally use your quirk to its full extent, or you're done." I slowly nodded and looked back up as I heard his footsteps walk behind me.