On Mount Velgrin

' Peace was restored to Ardonia, and a time for rebuilding and healing began. The wounds caused by the Deathsinger, however, will be felt forever. The Great War, 11th Wall of Time…' A Sendaris Ardoni finishes reading.

He turns around. ' Hawken, I fail to see…'

He sees a human male leaning on the wall, snoring. ' Hawken?'

Hawken wakes up, startled. ' Ah, yes, yes, exactly! So you see what this means, Thalleous?'

' Hawken, were you sleeping through…'

Hawken zips to the wall and points to the writing.

' Look here, where do the Walls of Time say the final duel took place?' Hawken asks.

' Mount Velgrin…' Thalleous replies, confused and curious.

' Indubitably! Most legends, including this bungled Walls of Time, failed to state that the final duel took place on the mountain's peak!'

' Alright, so what does this mean?' Thalleous asks, still confused.

Hawken composes himself, hands behind his back.

' I've heard rumors of a presence on the peak of Mount Velgrin. Being the naturally curious scholar that I am, I sent a few scouts to transform those rumors into facts, ' he says, ' That was two weeks ago…'

' And...What was their report?'

' There was no report! None ever returned! Why do you think that is?'

' I am not entirely sure…' Thalleous begins.

' The Voltaris, Thalleous! The Voltaris! ' Hawken tells Thalleous.

Thalleous raises an eyebrow. ' You think the Voltaris are at Mount Velgrin?' he asks.

' Indubitably! ' Hawken nods, ' I am aware you've been hunting Voltaris ever since the Great War ended, so I brought you here to inform you of this lead.'

Thalleous gazes to the wall and sighs.
' It's been years since I lost the trail of the Voltaris. I should ride to Mount Velgrin and see for myself.'

' A-a-a. Hold up there, Thalleous! Although I am no Chronicler, I feel it is my duty to accompany you and record what information we find.'

Thalleous raises an eyebrow.

' I would… also like to discover the fate of those I sent out to investigate…' Hawken says sadly.

Thalleous looks at him. ' There's a chance we might encounter the Voltaris, and who knows what other perils…' he warns Hawken.

Hawken raises his hand to stop him.
' Fear not, for I am prepared to fight!' He pulls out a raw fish.

Thalleous looks at him, confused and annoyed.

He looks down at it, and tosses it over his shoulder. He shuffles through his inventory.

' Wa-wait! Somewhere around here I have a weapon…unless I lost it!'

He pulls out an iron sword. ' Ah, here it is!'

Thalleous sighs. ' Very well, come on then. Most likely this was just a misunderstanding.'

They walk towards the exit of the Walls of Time.

~*~

They traveled all the way from upper Northwind, pass the Heart of Ardonia, and finally get off their horses by the base of Mount Velgrin.

They walk around a clearing at the top of the mountain. Other than a mysterious obsidian arch in the center, there was only snow.

' This is where I sent the scouts, right here!' Hawken claims.