An Old Friend

Galleous' p.o.v

I was at the foot of Mount Velgrin. The Voltaris were guarding the path to the peak for some reason. It was impossible to get up there. I wonder if the Tidesinger made it through.

A Voltaris runs forward and attacks me. I quickly raise my sword to block his attack, and we fight for a while. He manages to push me backwards.

I stumble and look up as the Voltaris leaps on me. The sword comes closer and closer, and I close my eyes, awaiting death.

Suddenly, I hear a Song being used, and the sound of swords clashing follow. I open my eyes and see a Nestoris killing the Voltaris.

He turns around. ' You alright, Ky' Galleous?'

' Yes, Senn, thanks.'

' Where is Father?'

I pointed to the mountain. ' He went up to the peak.'

' I'm going there.'

' Wait, Senn! The Deathsinger could be there.' I grab his hand.

Senn turns around. ' I've dealt with the Deathsinger before.'

' With your brothers,' I correct him.
' They won't be there with you now.'

He frowns slightly at the mention of Deltheus and Almrak.

I let go of his hand, and he stands there.

' Sorry I said that.' I apologise.

' It's not your fault.' I see him tighten his grip his sword.

I change the subject. ' I'm sure the Tidesinger can handle the Deathsinger. Let's just focus on ridding the Voltaris down here.'

He takes a deep breath, and says

' No.'

' What did you say?'

' Father may need help up there. I'm going.'

' Wait, Senn!'

Before I can stop him, he teleports away using his Mobilium Song.

' Senn! Wait!'

~*~

The remaining Voltaris had fallen, and I climb up to the peak of Mount Velgrin.

There was a weird obsidian arc that I have never seen before on the peak. In front of it, laid a couple Songs.

I noticed the three Prime Songs first. Just as I'm about to rejoice, realising what this means, I recognise who the other Songs belong to.

The Tidesinger, Almrak, Deltheus and...

I pick up a sword left on the ground. I immediately recognised whose it belonged to.

' Senn...'

I feel tears filling up my eyes. I should've stopped him from coming up here. But it's too late. He's gone... Forever...

I fall onto my knees, mourning the death of my favourite and most talented student.

~*~

' Impossible...'

In front of me, stood the very Nestoris who I thought was dead for 154 years.

' Senn...?'