Northwind

Ria's p.o.v

We arrive at a small fishing village of Frostburn.

' The town is abandoned!' Senn tells us. ' The Nether must have come for them already.'

We pass through the town and down to the shoreline. A broken bridge of ice extends north of the coast towards Gale Point. The wind continues howling as snow beats at them.

The Tidesinger turns to Senn. ' Senn, you must use your shield to protect us from the storm.

He turns to me and Thalleous. ' The rest of you, wait here in the village. When the blizzard clears, we will return.'

The Tidesinger hands Senn his staff, and Senn activates his shield Song. They march across the ice together.

Senn's p.o.v

We reach an entrance on the side of a hill on the island. This is where Thalleous said he hid the Agressium Prime Song.

We step inside and look around the place. A Glacian stands in the room, watching him silently.

' I apologize for the intrusion. We are looking for a Prime Song.'

The Glacian continues to stand passively.

' Thalleous Sendaris must have brought one here recently,' my father adds.

The Glacian waits another moment, then disappears down the stairs. 

A moment later, the Glacian returns up the stairs.  ' Yes… he did.'

The Glacian holds out the Prime Song. My father takes it.

' Why have you come for the Prime Song, Achillean Nestoris?' the Glacian asks.

My father looks over at the Glacian, looking surprised that he knows who he is already, and his full name as well. ' You know who I am?'

The Glacian nods slowly.

' Who are you?'

' Glacians have neither name nor identity. We are the oldest-living species in any world, apart from the Guardians. We are the keepers of history and the writers of the Walls of Time. So… why have you come for the Prime Song?'

' We need them to defeat Ingressus. He has returned with the Nether, and this time they may very well conquer and destroy all of Ardonia.'

Without another word, the Glacian shuffles over to a fireplace and lights it, then backs away as he gestures to the area.

We move closer towards the fire while the Glacian goes to the opposite cold end of the room and sits down.

' Do you know what will happen if Ingressus prevails?' my father asks.

' We record tales of the past. One cannot hope to know the future.'

' But one, especially as long-lived as yourself, can imagine.'

The Glacian looks more deeply at my father. ' We fear the dominion of the Nether, not Ingressus Voltaris. Remember… his clan lived peacefully amongst us for an age.'

' The Deathsinger abandoned peace long ago,' I tell him.

' Do you wish to kill him…?' the Glacian asks me.

Yes, yes, I do. But everytime we face each other, I'm unsure of my intentions. Is it because it's the right thing to do? Or revenge for my mother? Or just because I can't accept the fact that he's...

~*~

Ria's p.o.v

I look in the distance. I thought I saw something.