For Felden

/A/N/ There will be changes in this arc in this chapter.

In Felora, the capital of Felden, Lucan is having a meeting with the Felden Officials.

' Are you absolutely sure about this, Lucan?' The first official requires confirmation.

Lucan nods. ' Yes. The Necromancers are living beneath Mount Tempest. They appear to be preparing for a large-scale invasion.'

' If the Necromancers are raising an army, we must strike now!' The second official says.

The first leader nods. ' I agree. Lucan, take this directive to Fort Zuka. We will send the armies of Felden to eradicate this threat before it has time to spread.'

The first leader hands Lucan the orders that he must deliver to Fort Zuka.

Lucan walks outside. Niika is waiting beside the door.

She sees Lucan. ' What'd they say?'

' Well, they've officially declared war on the Necromancers,' Lucan tells her.
' We have orders to deliver a message to Fort Zuka.'

' They actually said for the both of us?' Niika questions.

' Uh, yep!' Lucan replies, even though the leaders never mentioned Niika.
' Looks like we're stuck together for just a bit longer.'

' Well, I don't mind going to Fort Zuka. I actually have someone very close to me there.'

' You do?' Lucan asks, surprised she had any friends besides him. ' Is he a male?'

' Yes, why did you ask?'

Lucan appears somewhat hurt and doesn't respond.

Niika is confused by the silence, but doesn't question it.

~*~

They arrive at Fort Zuka. A guard notices them. ' You must be Lucan. A messenger bird flew in yesterday and alerted us of your arrival.'

' I have a directive for the captain,' Lucan tells him.

The soldier motions to the training grounds. ' Right this way.'

They walk towards one of the fighting pits. A soldier and the captain are fighting. The captain throws the soldier down over his soldier and turns around.

Lucan frowns as he sees the captain's face. ' Kiyoshi?'

' Fancy seeing you here, Lucan. And it's Captain Kiyoshi now.'

Lucan rolls his eyes. ' Well, it's good to see Felden is willing to promote anyone with the right father. The realm is much safer in your capable hands.'

Kiyoshi scoffs. He notices the female behind him and immediately recognizes her.

' Niika?'

' Hey, Dad!'

Lucan was frozen. If he was drinking a cup of tea, he'd definitely spit it all out. But he wasn't, so all he could do was stand there in shock. ' What?!'

The Felinas ignore Lucan.

' What are you doing here with that criminal?'

' Criminal?' Niika looks at Lucan in confusion.

Lucan still can't believe it. Niika was Kiyoshi's daughter. She was the daughter of the one person that put him into jail many, many times.

' Yeah, he's been to prison so many times, he can probably remember all the local prisons by now.'

Niika turns to Lucan. ' You've never told me you've been to prison.'

Lucan takes a deep breath before answering. ' That's not something I share often.'

' So... How'd you two meet?' Kiyoshi asks curiously.

' I attacked him when I saw him roasting rotten flesh over his campfire.' Niika giggles as she says this.

' That's... Interesting...' Kiyoshi looks disgustingly at Lucan.

' Hey, I was trying to draw out the Necromancers! You thought I was going to eat it?'

' Well, I did before I thought you were using it to draw out the undead.' Niika tells him.

' I'm not that gross!'

' I'm glad you aren't.' Niika tries to stop giggling.

' Ugh! Could this day get any worse? Just take the freaking paper! I'm leaving!' Lucan hands the paper to Kiyoshi and turns to leave.

Kiyoshi quickly reads through the paper. ' Hold it! It says right here, that you are to accompany me during the attack.'

Lucan turns around. ' What?!'

' I guess your day could get any worse,' Niika teases him.

' Let's try to be professional about this. I don't want a criminal in my ranks more than you want to be under my command, but orders are orders. So let's get this mission over quickly for both our sales.' Kiyoshi holds out his hand to shake.

Lucan frowns, but shakes anyway.

Kiyoshi looks at him. ' Try not to mess things up.'