The Final Battle

Third person view

In the End...

Pythus strokes his battle axe. ' Do you know how this axe was damaged?'

Saxon, who is tied up in a corner with Trevor, rolls his eyes. ' I imagine we're about to find out.'

Pythus ignores his comment. ' This is the axe of my father’s grandfather. He defeated your king at the time, but was left with a permanent reminder of the conflict our worlds face. That conflict is finally at an end.'

' That’s cool… I guess,' Saxon groans.

Pythus frowns at Saxon’s lack of interest, and motions towards a few Netharans near some dragon eggs. One by one they pick them up and drop them into the void.

' No!' Trevor tries to struggle free but the guards hold him in place. They watch as the eggs are thrown away.

' Dragons have long been the pinnacle of your civilization, but few eggs now remain. The End has grown weak. This city once thrived with life, but now it is empty and dead, with no one to protect it.'

Suddenly, Luna crashes through the window behind the throne and flies overhead, landing near the dragon eggs. She releases a plume of fire killing the guards, preventing them from dropping the remaining dragon eggs.

Abbigail and Vulcannus leap off and kill the guards protecting Saxon and Trevor, and they pick up two swords dropped by the Netherans.

Luna burns the Wither skeletons near the remaining few dragon eggs, then flies back towards Abbigail as a Wither shoots her a few times.

Pythus motions for them to stand down. ' And here I was beginning to grow impatient! I’ve been expecting you both.'

' You will answer for your crimes today, Pythus,' Vulcannus tells him.

' Crimes? Oh, but of course… those frivolous actions. I’ll be honest, brother… I bear no shame in killing Chronos, on the contrary it gave me great pleasure. What I did was a service to our people.'

Abbigail walks forward a bit. ' You’ve gained your leadership through corruption, maintained it through fear, and wield your power without restraint. As long as you live, we will fight to oppose you.'

Suddenly, her crown lights back up. She draws her enderblade which glows brightly. 

Pythus smiles. ' If that is the case… we’ll see how long you live.'

He draws his large axe and jumps down from the throne platform towards them.

~*~

Sulliman looks over Crown Peak from his balcony. He hears the door open behind him.

' What do you want this time? Can't you leave an old man in peace...' he turns around, expecting the Nether, but instead sees Ria standing right in front of him, with her spear pointed at him.

' We're just here for the potions, stay right there.' she turns to the rest of the group behind her. ' We have to move quickly before someone detects us. Get everyone into position.'

They go inside Sulliman's potion room as Ria keeps an eye on Sulliman.

' Take as many of these potions as you can carry,' Borgen tells them. ' The army will put them to good use.'

They start picking up potions.

Grek picks one up. ' I know potions don’t work on Ardoni, but I’ve wondered what would happen if…'