The Article

Just saying, this story is taken place the time that it is written, 2020. Also, I have some moments that I have made up for, reasons.

Just to clarify, I basically edited the newspaper. I know that season 6 is already out and that everything has changed but this is season 3 and my fanfiction. So, yeah. Thanks for reading.

Barry's POV

"So, Jesse. Why exactly do you want to help?" Caitlin asks her.

"Well, Barry is, Barry. He helped me, I have to do the same for him." She tells us.

"Well, you never have to." I say to her.

"Uh, yeah I do. You may not believe that but I know it. With all you have done for everyone, and what do they do?" She explains to me, I think in pity.

"Well, thank you anyway." I thank her.

"Stop. You keep thanking me. It's really, it's ok." She assures me.

I nod and smile while we continue to eat.

Once we finish, Jesse asks me about the article.

"So, Barry. When you said that the article had a lot more to it, what did you mean?" She asks me.

"Oh, um. There is an article from the future, The Flash Missing, Vanishes In Crisis. It was about a battle, me, with, Oliver, The Atom and Hawkgirl against The Reverse Flash. It also has information about, The God Of Speed, aka, Savitar, me. Having help from Killer Frost." I say as I remember the date. "Um, also with another speedster, you." I explain everything to her as I pull out a bracelet that has access to Gideon. "Here, put it on." I tell Jesse as I throw her the bracelet.

She catches it and puts it on her wrist.

"Gideon, show Jesse the future article." I order the A.I.

"Of course, Mr Allen." She says as the newspaper appears.

Jesse reads it in a second and looks at me. "So you disappear, in four years?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah. Uh, apparently I "become" good again in a year. I reappear when someone called "The Thinker" takes metahumans for something." I explain. "I don't know much." I say.

"Ok, well, what are we going to do before all of that?" She asks me.

"I don't know. Gideon hasn't said much but I know that I need to send a time remnant back in time to be the Savitar from then." I reply.

"Oh, ok." She simply says.

Suddenly, Jesse's phone rings and she goes away to pick up.

"I don't trust her." Caitlin tells me.

"Uh, why not?" I ask her.

"I don't know. I'm just not feeling it. She seems too, nice." She says.

I scoot over next to her. "Listen, I get why she is doing this. There is nothing to worry about. I trust her and I know you'll come around." I explain to her.

"I guess." She simply replies.

I kiss her on the forehead and head over to Gideon's room where the pack of suits are.

I pick out parts of the spare Savitar suit and start to work on it. Adding extra blades in the arms and the bottom of the wrist.

After about an hour of work, I take a break and start to walk out. But, Gideon activates out of nowhere.

I turn around to see the article again. I see the whole thing change.

I start to read it out loud. As I did, I turned jaw-dropped.

"The Flash sacrifices himself for the city." I read in a whisper, eyes wide opened. "Oh God!" I exclaim.

I turn it off and walk out of the room, staring at the ground.

"Hey, what's up?" Caitlin asks out of nowhere.

"Woah, sorry. Just zoned out. I am fine." I smiled at her, lying through my teeth. I wasn't close to fine.

Before, it was just me vanishing, I could still have survived. But this is my death.

I don't want to leave it all behind. I am not like that.

I take another look at Caitlin and she doesn't really look good. As in, she looks sad.

I know, this new evil life sucks, but I can't change the future, not when I have already seen it. The article, Gideon.

I can't just choose not to be Savitar. That would change a lot, to me, the people I love. I learnt that the hard way.

Start Of Flashback

"Yo, Barry!" Cisco yells. I look up to see him with two coffees in his hands. "Your favourite." He says as he hands a cup to me.

"Thanks man." I thank him as I take a sip.

"Don't worry, we'll defeat him. We already beat The Reverse Flash, we can beat Zoom." He assures. I nod, knowing we can do it, we have to.

"Yeah. I am just trying to figure out how I get a time remnant." I tell him. He sighs and pats me on the shoulder.

"You, my friend, need a break. Follow me." He orders, so I follow him.

He takes me outside and makes a portal. "Step through, and all your hard work will be on break." He says.

I chuckle and take another look at STAR LABS. I turn back and step through.

After a few moments. We are in a bar. "Barry!" I hear a familiar voice yell.

I turn around and see Kara. She waves at me and I smile.

"Here is your break." Cisco says. I chuckle once more then, make my way to the group.

"Hey guys." I greet them as I sit down.

"So, Barry, Kara tells me your fast." Alex says.

"Yep, I am." I laugh.

"Yeah he is. Honestly, how fast does it take to get drunk?" Winn asks in interest.

"Oh, I can't get drunk." I tell him.

"Really? That sucks!" He exclaims.

"Yeah, it does. I can't live drunk Barry. That hurts." Cisco says.

Everyone starts laughing and joking about.

That night was one of the best nights I have had.

End Of Flashback

And I erased that night from existence. All that fun, never happened for them. But for me, I think of that night every other day.

Me going back, bringing my parents back, changed everything between me and Cisco. What if I am the cause of all of this.

We used to be best friends.

And I ruined that by killing his brother

The article may be true, I may die. But I die a hero.