Two Days

11th November 2020

Two days until I die.

Here we are, two days until my death.

Me and Caitlin are sleeping together.

Where exactly? Well, I went to the apartment and saw that no one was living in it, so I got the place.

We haven't done it yet, I don't want us to start something we can't finish.

I admire her as she peacefully sleeps in my arms.

With two days left to spend as much time with my loved ones, I completely forget about Thawne.

The only times I do remember is when I am at STAR LABS or when he is beating the living shit out of me.

I look at Cait one last time before standing up and walking to the kitchen. I make myself a cup of coffee as silent as possible and drink as if it's the last coffee I will have.

Any short-lived moments can be the best, this is one of them.

Drinking a cup of coffee in the home of the love of my life.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I take it out and look.

It's Cisco.

I answer and put the phone to my ear.

"What's up?" I ask.

"We have a fire at the Central City Museum, get there ASAP!" He tells me.

"Got it." I reply, taking the last sip of my coffee before running to STAR LABS, putting the suit on and running to the museum.

I get to the building and run inside.

I create a funnel with my arms, causing the fire to disappear.

"Hello Flash." I hear Thawne's voice behind me, so I swiftly turn around.

"This was you!" I ask him, making him chuckle.

"Of course it was me. Two days until I thrust my hand into your chest and rip out your heart." He tells me, making me stiffen. "You know it's coming."

He says that before running off. I was about to follow him until I heard a horrified yell.

"Help! Someone, help!" A male voice yells.

I turn into a room and see a big bit of the ceiling on the floor.

It seems to be blocking a desk, with the man underneath.

"Don't worry, just stay calm alright?" I tell him, and he nods.

I begin to phase.

I run through the block, pick the man up then run out of the building.

I repeat the process for countless other people.

Once I save everyone, I run back to STAR LABS and put my suit on the mannequin and put my face in my hand.

"Hey man, you alright? You seem a bit tense." Cisco asks me out of the blue.

"Uh, yeah. It's just something Thawne said back at the building." I tell him.

"Listen man, I know that you're afraid, we all are. But we have to keep it together, we have each other, Thawne is alone in this fight. Use that to our advantage." He says.