Continue to Fall

I really didn't wanna do a certain thing in this chapter bc I was afraid someone would get pissed about it soo...

"What? Is my mask broken again?" Dream put his hand over his mask.

"No, no. I just had a weird dre-" George begun, then realized what he had said.

Dream chuckled a bit. "Come on, get up, we have to go to Munchy to help Bad out, remember?"

George nodded and stood up.

As they got ready for the day, George couldn't stop thinking about the dream he had.

Or...

Was that a dream?

Was he dreaming right now? Was this real? He shook his head.

What if George was stuck inside his own head?

Was he asleep or awake, was he unhealthy or healthy? Was he in a coma? What was happening to him? He could feel himself losing his grip on sanity. He could feel himself dying. George closed his eyes, then reopened them a second later. He took off his glasses and stared into his reflection on a window.

"George?" George looked up at Dream. "You okay?"

George looked back at the window.

Without hesitation,

Without thinking,

Without a moment of reconsideration,

George closed his eyes and shook his head. "No," he whispered.

He whispered ever so quietly and softly, his eyes watering.

"Hey... is this about Sapnap? He'll be okay, I swear..."

Fuck.

Sapnap was dead here, too?

"No, no- I don't even know what your talking about!" George half-yelled, frustrated. "I mean I don't even know what's real or not? Where the hell am I, what happened, and why do I feel like everything is going to hell?!"

Dream got quiet.

George didn't mean to yell, but he did, and it was over.

Dream put his hands in the windowseal, pressing down. He softly spoke to George. "It's okay, calm down..." He put his hand on George's. "I'm not sure what that dream was about, but it's okay. It was just a dream."

"That's the problem! It was just a dream! I can't get over it! I lived an entire week as this person that-" George stopped. He had heard a noise.

He blinked for a moment. "What the hell was that?"

"What was what?" It happened again. "That!"

"I don't hear anything?" George ran to the door and opened it. It was raining like crazy out there.

"Dream, did you run a pluggin?!" Dream looked outside. "No- but we might've left the chest open." George ran to the chest and pulled out a slip of paper. He went back to the door. "Woooah, wait a minute, you can't go out there. You'll get hurt." George smiled a bit and rolled his eyes. "Wa- Wait, i wasn't joki-" George was too far now. He was outside and near the little machine that ran the pluggins. He put the slip of paper in a slot, and another exitted.

"Pluggin stopped." A robotic, female voice said. He walked back inside, soaked. Dream tossed him a blanket.

Dream stared at his best friend as he dried himself off. How had he just simply calmed down after that?

Had he just... forgotten?

"Anyways, what was that dream about?" George shrugged and finished drying off. "Just a nightmare, really, nothing special." Dream hummed a bit, and nodded. "Alright... welp, we better get going before Bad starts to worry."

George nodded, and walked outside again with Dream.

Later that night, when Dream fell asleep, George was in the void again.

Falling.

Tumbling.

He wasn't bleeding, but he felt rocks hit his arms and stomach, at times hitting and poking hard into his legs. He reached the bottom of whatever he was falling down, and stood up.

Dream stood across the empty void, staring at the ground.

"What was this even about?" Dream asked quietly. He turns to George.

"What was the meaning of this dream? This fantasy?"

"To fulfill a wish you know you can't have come true in reality?"

Dream walked closer to George, sword in hand, scrapping the floor. He continued to talk. "To dill that empty void of lonliness, George? Am I even real?"

He got quiet for a second.

A moment.

Only for a millisecond was he quiet but it felt like minutes.

Minutes of that deathly, empty quietness that nobody can ever stand. I want to crush it.

He wants to crush it.

"Am I just a Dream?"

Dream walked closer, now a few inches from George's face."am I just a fantasy?" He raises his sword. "Am I just a toy for you to mess with? I don't want to be that!"

"I don't wanna be a fake fucking person!"

He slammed the sword down.

But not onto George.

The was onto something else.

Something that was there but also it wasn't.

It was here but also there and yet everywhere however you couldn't see it because it was nowhere.

He stared at George. "I wanna be with you," he whispered softly.

They sat in silence for a few seconds, before...

George softly connected his lips with Dream's.

It might have been only two seconds long, but it felt like a life time. He could feel the colors of pure happiness explode when he had kissed Dream. It was like a party, a new years party, was thrown.

George was the one to pull away first.

"Sorry."

Dream chuckled, and opened his mouth to speak.

But then,

He woke up again.

He was in the same house as before, in the bed next to Dream.

Well, Dream wasn't in bed. He was cooking some food. "You're finally up, it's like 3 pm, man!" Dream said, when he noticed George was up. "Sorry!" He stood up and stretched. "You should be!"

They sat in comfortable silence for a while. "Oh, and Sapnap is coming back in a few days." George smiled and stood by Dream. "That's good, at least." He said, finally content with the life he had.

He wasn't upset about the hell that we call life anymore.

He was just happy that he had someone to spend his time in hell with.

The End ♡

1023 words!!!

UvU WE DONE!

Thank you so much for the support on this book along with flowers.

Anyways, time for sleep am tired. Blep