39

The next day (in the Minatozaki's garden)...

"Tzuyu, come over here sweetie." Sana's grandmother called the Taiwanese girl. Tzuyu quickly obeyed. "Yes? Mrs. umm..." She stopped midsentence because she didn't really know what to call Sana's grandma. She also didn't know if she's the mother of Sana's dad or mom.

"Just call me 'grandma', dear." She said in the most gentle way ever. Tzuyu just nodded. "Okay, grandma." She wondered what Sana's grandmother called her here for. She totally regretted it when she asked why.

"Are you and Sana dating?" Her grandmother asked. Tzuyu was lucky she wasn't eating or drinking anything. She would've choked. She took a look at Sana who was busy watering the plants with her mom. Not like she'd understand anyway. They were conversing in Chinese.

"Pardon?" She asked again, hoping she didn't hear it right. "I've been alive for how many years now, dear. I can tell if someone's in love with someone or not." Seems like Tzuyu couldn't escape that. Sana's grandma really knows what's up. Was she that obvious?

"It's different when you look at each other. I know Sana, she's very bold most of the time. But I noticed, if she's with you, she's very shy." Grandma explained. "Her father, my son, and her mother used to look at each other like that before, also until now."

Tzuyu had to correct her before she took it the wrong way. "We're just really close friends, grandma." She said. Grandma nodded. "Maybe, but I know that you don't want it to remain that way. Am I right sweetie?" She asked. Tzuyu couldn't be any more shocked. Sana's grandmother was too smart.

"Tell me honestly, dear. Do you have feelings for my granddaughter?" She asked carefully so she wouldn't scare Tzuyu off like what she nearly did earlier when she straightforwardly asked if they were dating. Tzuyu knew there was no point in lying.

She nodded her head. "Yes I do, grandma. I'm very much in love with her." Tzuyu admitted. Grandma smiled widely and caressed Tzuyu's hair. "There's nothing wrong with it, dear. I will always support it. I know that you're the one for Sana." She said.

"Does she know?" She asked as Tzuyu shook her head. "You better tell her, dear, before it's too late." She told her. Tzuyu was very much familiar with those words. She once said that to her Sapphire unnie but she didn't expect that she was actually the one who she wanted to confess to.

Tzuyu had to reject her because she was in love with Sana. She felt bad for Sapphire. The whole friendship they built broke to pieces just because of that. They haven't talked for weeks. Sometimes she wonders how she's doing. If she's mad, if she's moved on. She had a lot of questions.

But now she wanted to focus on one person, one person only, and that person was Sana.

"I'm just afraid." Tzuyu said. Sapphire said the same thing, she remembered. "You never know until you try." Grandmother said and gave her a small smile. "Trust me when I say she loves you too. If she doesn't want to admit it to herself and to you, trust me, she will, really soon."

Tzuyu took those words and tried to process it inside her. Sana's grandmother was a good person to talk to about this. "Thank you so much." She said. "You're welcome, sweetie." The two shared a hug.

Before Tzuyu left to go join Sana, who was now calling her because they had to prepare before going back to Korea, her grandmother spoke again. "If you will start dating in the near future..."

"Please take care of Sana. Please take good care of my granddaughter. And I will wish she will also do the same thing to you." Tzuyu's heart was warm after hearing that. "I will. I promise, grandma." She said. Sana's grandma was really good company for her. She requested for another hug because she didn't know when she'll see her again. "Have a safe trip, dear."