Full Moon

Me: remembers that wattpad exists and that I should probably update my stories here.
Also me: completely forgets to do so.

A-anyway, here's two updates to make it up to you once again x3

---

Today is the day. The day [y/n] desperately wished to ignore. The day of the full moon.

Very little can be said about this day because [y/n] is in a very bad mood.

First off, she never gotten the chance to buy enough food from the store. Which is something well needed considering the full moon takes a serious toll on her body and she's going to need food for her nightly 'adventure'. With the close encounter from five days ago, she was too scared to go back into the city. Goddess knows they are still there and searching for her, because back then it did seem like they were.

Secondly, the full moon never put her in a good mood. Just knowing that in a few hours she is going to turn into a giant killer of a creature, without having a say on the matter, isn't exactly what she's looking forward to.

Only one thing is like a small light in her darkness, that's the fact that after tonight she's going to look for a new place to say. There is no way she can remain here any longer, not when they saw her. It's only a matter of days until they find her territory and that means they'll find her.

Maybe, just maybe, she had to think about this a little more before actually moving here. [y/n] knew that there would be a chance to bump into one of the pack members, there is no denying that given how large they are and how the city is almost a part of their territory. The city and large forest might act as a buffer between her and the pack, but that doesn't minimize the chances of avoiding them.

And next to that, another important detail slipped her mind, the fact that the Red-Haired pack is only a few kilometers from both the city as well as Whitebeard's pack. Even though it's not as close as the Whitebeards, there will always remain a chance of encountering someone from that pack.

However none of that matters right now as there are only a few hours left before nightfall. So instead of sulking around like a giant baby, [y/n] decides to act a little more productive and get out.

The paranoia that someone has found out about her still lingers in the back of her mind and with the upcoming shift it's the last thing she needs. Nights like these tend to be quite intense and having several worries nagging her brain isn't going to help her in the slightest. Therefore [y/n] resolved herself to go on a perimeter check in her small territory.

Along with her, she bought a bow and arrow to hunt whatever she might find as she goes around the forest. While a hunting rifle probably makes for an easier weapon, [y/n] is used to her trusty bow and arrow and gained the proper skills over the years of hunting on her own—next to the fact that she made these weapons by hand and a gun costs money. It also makes a lot less noise so if there's someone close by, they wouldn't hear her when firing a shot to an animal.

Effective yet stealthy, just how she likes it.

About an hour and some fruits later, [y/n] walks back home. Much to her luck she didn't find any lingering scents in and near her territory, which is good and at least put her mind at ease for a bit. The hunt however wasn't much of a success, barely any animals were out when she stalked through the trees and whatever she did find was too quick and ran away. The arrangement of different fruits she managed to gather at least soothes that pain a little, it won't do much but it's food either way.

Slow but steadily the day turned into night as the blue skies shift to their darker counterpart, the twilight making it harder to discern the shapes of the forest in the ever darkening shadows. [y/n] finally finished her last preparations for tonight, just in time before the full moon will reach its peak.