Cupcake, a horror relived

The scent of other wolves still penetrates her cabin, even after two days have passed since the accident and the talk with Izo. And where [y/n] thought that would be the end of it, the constant feeling of being watched doesn't put her at ease.

Haunting, watchful eyes that keep stalking [y/n] behind her back as she tries to go on about her days and forget the awful attack. Quickly she recognized the presence of those belonging to Whitebeard's pack as they appear to have made it a point to patrol her borders.

Despite her understanding in them wanting to keep her safe, Izo had made it clear they want to keep her uninjured, [y/n] is very unhappy with their sudden interference. Her cabin has never felt like a home and now with them intruding on the last bit of privacy she has left; relaxation is a distant dream as the scents continuously trigger [y/n].

The thing most important to her right now is to get that bit of relaxation and clear her mind. Izo had given her a lot to think about and the words haunt her daily, unable to think about it but also unable to ignore them. [y/n] wants the same thing they share but the stubborn part of her brain keeps refusing and forcing her so stay alone; distancing herself from her deepest wish. She's lived this way for years; this is how she knows to handle things. Change is a peculiar thing and [y/n] isn't sure if she's got what it takes to open up to others.

After Izo left her alone with enough food to provide herself for days, [y/n] felt overwhelmed by so many emotions she hasn't felt in a long time. It's hard to explain but somehow she feels... loved. Even without knowing her, they already seem to be accepting her and make sure she's comfortable and protected.

Hope, adoration, love, joy, freedom. So many emotions spiral through her at once that [y/n] is unsure on what to do or how to feel.

She has only felt these emotions back when she lived with her parents, the one and only place she ever truly called home. But after the attack and her sudden transformation she has never felt emotions like those. She was always scared, frightened, hopeless, cold and lonely. Never any of the positive feelings that are warming her heart right now. Never felt so guilty for being in a joyous mood, only because she never got to the chance to let go.

Never felt more confused on what she truly wants.

Maybe she should just give in; listen to her heart for once and grow accustomed with the pack and even join them to be with her mate. Or maybe she should ignore the soaring of her heart every time she thinks back on the conversation with Izo; stomp down the fire trying to rekindle itself and flee like she always does. The same way she did when a nice family offered her a place to stay; a place to come back to and call home.

At that time, she had just run away from her old pack, wandering the forest for about a year before stumbling upon an older woman. She was sweet and immediately took a liking to [y/n], she tried to help [y/n] whenever she could and didn't care if it meant pushing her own things aside. Her husband was kind-hearted and even helped her fix the old jeep so it wouldn't break down in the middle of the road. Their two sons really liked her too, always wanting to play with [y/n] and boasting about all the successful hunts they went on. Despite being twenty at the time it didn't stop them from being giant goofs and play like little kids.

The woman kept saying how she would love to help [y/n] out the moment she noticed her living alone and in the forest. To say she was ecstatic to have a baby girl is an understatement, the old woman literally squealed at the thought of finally having a girl to pamper—ignoring the fact that [y/n] was almost eighteen at the time. But for [y/n] it was too much; she was unsure on how to keep her identity hidden and protect the family if the pack would ever find her. And with the incident from two days ago, it's very clear that she could have never protected them.