Ch 1

I've lived in Outer Banks since the day I was born

I've lived in Outer Banks since the day I was born. My mom left us when I was three, leaving only my dad and my twin brother. John B and I were raised by our father as Pogues, the poorer population of Outer Banks.

My father was very invested in finding the loot from the Royal Merchant until he disappeared nine months ago. Our uncle had come to live with us but left months ago to build houses in Mississippi. We didn't know if our dad was dead or alive. I thought he was dead but my brother hadn't given up hope.

My brother is John Booker Routledge. He's my twin brother, though we look nothing alike. We were fraternal. I had gotten all the looks from our mom while he looked like our dad. John B stood 7 inches taller than me. He was a very protective figure and played the role of the leader in our friend group: the Pogues.

The group consisted of us two, Kiara, Pope, and JJ.

Kiara was the other girl in the group. She was from a rich family, technically making her a Kook. Though, she was a humble socialist and has quite the sense of adventure meaning she fit right in with us.

Kie had become one of my best friends over time, stemming from us being the only girls. We'd become close over time because we could relate to each other on certain things that we couldn't with the boys.

Pope was my best friend. He was brilliant, definitely the smartest person I knew. Pope was always down for an adventure but was also always very cautious which is probably what drew us together. Together we were often making sure everyone stayed safe and were making smart decisions. He had welcomed me into the group with open arms.

Then there was JJ. John B has been best friends with him since the 3rd grade. I'd been in love with him since the 6th. JJ could be a bit irrational at times and often doesn't think before he acts but he was also one of the most caring people I had ever met.

JJ was always protective of the Pogues. He had a rough life growing up, his father being an alcoholic and a drug addict. Luke Maybank was a physically and mentally abusive father. That's where I came in. I was there for JJ and he trusted me with the secret before anyone else. That's when we became close and eventually fell for each other.

JJ was my whole world but we kept our relationship a secret to prevent my brother from finding out his twin was dating his best friend.

The Pogues are my family, I love them more than anything.

A/N: Super super curious as to where you all are reading my story from! Would love to know where you guys are from!