Ch 25

"What'd she say?" John B asks as everyone walks into the kitchen

"What'd she say?" John B asks as everyone walks into the kitchen. He tosses Pope a bottle of water.

Pope grabs it with ease. "That you're an idiot."

"It's a no brainer." JJ states. "You're picking Kie." He opens the fridge, grabbing a couple beers. He hands one to me.

"Mm-hm." I agree, hopping on the counter.

"Look, I cant make that decision."

"So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped we can't do this without Kie, and you know it."

"And I can't do it without Sarah," John B says. "Okay? They both have to be in on it."

"Well, good luck with that." Pope moves toward the freezer.

John B hops off the counter. "You know what? I know this was my fault, all right? But it's our problem. I've got a plan. And you three shitheads are gonna help me out.

~~~

Pope and I pull up the HMS Pogue to the Dock. Kie strides down the walkway

"What the hell is going on?" Kie asks.

"Code red!" Pope calls out.

"JJ and John B conked out in the marsh. They need a tow." Pope announces.

"Uh, okay, well what does that have to do with me?" Kie questions.

"We need you for mechanical." I tell her.

"Mechanical." Kie nods annoyed.

We pull away and head down to the Marsh.

"John B and JJ are up in the alp." Pope informs Kie.

"Can't you guys do anything without me?" Kie asks as we pull up to the other boat. She climbs off the HMS Pogue, into the other boat. She disappears inside.

JJ and John B scramble off the boat and into the Marsh. "Go, go, go, go!" JJ rushes. They both dive off the boat.

I hear Kie call out for us. "Guys!"

"Are you serious?" Sarah yells.

"Are you joking?" Kie shouts too. "Get your asses back here!"

"We can't. Not till you two figure it out." John B responds.

"What about her?" Kie gestures. I shrug. I wasn't actually sure why they didn't include me in their plan. "I will kill every single one of you."

"Y-you can't just leave!" Sarah yells exasperated.

"There's food in the cabin and JJ rolled a blunt." Pope gives them a thumbs up.

"Hydroponic!" JJ calls out.

Sarah peels her clothes off. The girls were clearly already arguing by the way their bodies were moving.

"Wait!" Sarah jumps into the water. "John B, you assholes!"

We keep going through the Marsh. Further and further away from the other girls.

"Love you, guys! Bye!"

John B speeds up, taking us all home. He pulls the HMS Pogue up to the dock outside our house. JJ ties the boat down before helping me off. We all head into the house. Pope relaxes on the couch while John B and JJ sit at the dining table.

"So, if the girls get in a fight, who do you think will win? JJ asks everyone.

I walk into the kitchen to make some dinner for everyone. I grab some ground beef out of the fridge and begin to make patties.

"Oh, definitely Kie." Pope says confidently.

"Yeah, for sure." I agree.

JJ stands up making his way over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist before pressing a kiss to the side of my head.

"Will you do me a favor?" I ask.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Can you grab the fries from the freezer and put them on a pan? Please."

"Sure."

"We'll hope nobody dies tonight." John B says. "Probably was a good idea to leave Kat out of it."

"I would actually kill you." I say.

When I've finished dinner I get plates out for everyone. The boys file into the kitchen, grabbing food.

We all head outside to eat dinner together in the hammocks. After we eat, Pope and John B head inside, leaving only JJ and I outside.

I crawl over to my boyfriend, laying my head on his chest. His hand trails up and down my back. His hand settles near the stitches in my arm. A sigh releases from his lips.

I look up at him, my brows furrow with concern. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask softly.

"I wish I could kiss away all your scars. I hate that you've been through so much and I can't do anything about it."

"JJ.. I'm okay." I reach up to cup his cheek. "Look, as long as I'm with my friends, and you, I'm okay. I've accepted my dad passed. And the injuries aren't a big deal."

"Are you sure?"

"Baby, I love you. So much. You make my life so much brighter and that's all I need. Like you said, we've been through some shit, but we're in it together."

JJ leans down to press a kiss to my lips. He slowly separates my lips with his own. I nuzzle into his chest, letting myself get cozy in his arms.

"Mmm, you're warm."

"I love you." JJ mumbles.

"I love you too."

I let myself drift to sleep in his arms. The sound of his slow breaths and his gentle heartbeat pull me into a comfortable sleep.