Ch 11

The sound of a car horn catches my attention

The sound of a car horn catches my attention. I was hanging out behind Heyward's with Pope and JJ. JJ was smoking while Pope was working on something. I lean against the wall next to JJ. He blows a cloud of smoke out. I cough, choking on it. I take the vape pen out of his hand and pocket it before walking toward my brother in the van.

"Hey!" JJ yells chasing after me.

"This better be good." Pope says following.

We drive to the Wreck to get Kiara.

"Go get her, P." I tell him.

"Why me?" He asks looking up at me.

"You like her."

"How does that correlate?" He asks again.

"Bye!" I yell out as gets out of the car.

He disappears inside.

"So what did you guys do earlier while we were in the lighthouse?" My brother asks.

"Uhh.." JJ hesitates.

"We sat in the van and waited for you. Then the cops came so we booked it. I dropped the van off and picked up my Jeep. So I'll need to get that later."

Pope pops out the front door. "She said she's not coming."

"Why not?" JJ asks. "What did you do to her John B?"

"Shit. Hang on, I'll deal with it." John B says.

Before he can get out of the car, I'm walking up to the restaurant to talk to Kie. I knew my brother had done something dumb and she probably didn't want to talk to him.

I walk into the restaurant and find Kie spackling a wall.

"Hey, Kie."

"Hey, Kat, I'm just not interested right now." She tells me.

"Okay, I know my brother is being ridiculous right now, but we're in this together. You have to come. I know it's pointless."

"Is he still concocting?" She asks walking away.

I follow after her. "Of course he is, that's what he does."

"Kat.."

"Kie, what happened between you two?" I ask grabbing her hand.

"John B kissed me and I rejected him."

"Well good." I say. Thank god. "Kie, come on. It's stupid, I know. I'm not a fan either, but we can't leave him behind, okay?"

"Okay, fine. But I'm doing this for you, because I don't wanna listen to your begging."

"Good!" I say smiling. "Come on." She rolls her eyes with a smile.

We walk back outside and get in the van, ready to actually go this time.

"Kat works her magic again." Pope states shaking his head at me.