The River Styx

Your author apologizes before hand.

——————Percy POV

The floor falls beneath me and I fall onto the floor with a thump. A light flashes above me and I know Steve is gone.

I see a large man grinning at me and holding Natasha in one of his big meaty hands. Holy Hera. I get up and something smashs into my back.

Another flash of light come and someone wraps their arms around me, pinning my arms to my side. They pick me up and my feet are lifted from the ground. I struggle in their hold and another flash of light flashes through the room. This time it is close and I am blinded. Then it gets dark for a second before going off again.

Natasha is unconscious in the beefy man's arms. They start to carry us away and I notice that the others are gone, everyone but Natasha and I.

I struggle in the guys arms wriggling down and up. I kick him a few times. I use my legs to push off his stomach. Stupid giant people.

The big guy squeezes me and I can't breathe, my vision goes dark for a second and my ribs burn in pain. Then it is gone and I gasp as air fills my lungs again. Lught floods my eyes and I clench them shut, before opening them and adjusting to the light.

Thanos sits on a large throne in front of us. I don't squirm, I just hang there, looking at him.

He smiles. "I believe we had a deal Perseus."

My eyes widen in realization as I remember that I had to work for Thanos if he had Natasha. How could she be the one that didn't escape, of all the people, she had to be the one.

"You seem to be unhappy with our deal." Thanos says.

I growl. "You tricked me!" I yelled at him.

I am squeezed lightly for a second, as if in warning.

"I did not, however if you wish to undo your deal and leave with your friend here, I will make a new deal. If you can beat me in a duel, then I will let you and Natasha leave unharmed. I will also leave Earth." Thanos said.

"Why would you do that?" I ask.

"You hurt my pride by saying that I have tricked you, I have not. But I will offer you a chance to leave, this deal fixes my damaged pride." He replies calmly.

"Swear on it."

"I swear on tbe River Styx that if Perseus beats me in a duel, I will consider his promises to me, null and void." He swears.

"I accept you offer."

"Good, let the duel begin." Thanos says, rising from his throne.

I get dropped on the floor.

Thanos grabs a box and throws it at me. I open it, Riptide gleams up at me hopefully.

I look at Thanos. He doesn't have the gauntlet. I've defeated Titans before, I can do it again.

I uncapp Riptide. He pulls a large sword from his throne.

He waits and when I don't attack, he lunges forward. I dodge and sidestep as he swings it back at me. I run into the flat of his blade and stumble. Thanos laughs.as I fall over.

I get back up.

Thanos is waiting on me. I get angry as I realize what he's doing. He's just playing with me!

I lunge forward and he raises his blade, Riptide clinks off and I swiveled Riptide and slash at Thanos's side.

Thanos steps back and then jumps forward, his large sword slashes downward too fast.