01

"Becky, loving the new tee!" Adam compliments the girl and she smiles.

Leo cuts in. "Sorry, Becky, Adam can't talk right now. He has a horrible disease. You better jet before his flesh starts eating itself." Becky walks away in disgust.

"Leo, you are taking this 'enforcer' way too far," Bree tells her stepbrother.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Leo stops a tall blonde guy. "Hey!" He pulls out a metal detector and scans the guy. "You're good." He lets him walk away.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" Marcus greets, walking to the four.

"I'll tell you what's up, your time here! Get lost creepy!" Leo points to the cafeteria with the metal detector.

"Silly, Leo." Marcus laughs. "So are you guys excited about the new frozen yogurt shop? They're giving out unlimited toppings! Principal Perry's been camped out for a week!"

Leo kept giving the three the 'don't talk to him' motions.

"What? Unlimited toppings? Someone could have told me before I filled my socks with gummy frogs." Adam says.

"Sorry, Marcus, we can't go," Chase says.

"We have chores to do," Bree adds.

"No, we don't, we have an uptight Dad who's afraid we'll reveal our secret," Adam says, the others looking at him with wide eyes. "Recipe!" He catches himself. "For... chili! Oh, that works! Let's go!"

"I guess I'll tell Harley you won't make it!" Marcus yells, causing them to stop and look at Chase.

"What?" Chase asks.

"You didn't know your own girlfriend was going?" Marcus asks confused. He thought everything was going well between them.

"No, uh, I actually haven't talked to her since she left for her trip."

"Oh, well, here's your chance, she's at her locker." Marcus points in the direction she was in. As if she felt the eyes on her, she looks over to the group, catching Chase's eye before quickly shutting her locker and walking to her next class.

***

As Harley received her frozen yogurt, she waited for Marcus so that the two can discuss the plan on how she easily drop out of the mission without possibly getting killed. But as she was about to walk out, she saw Marcus with Adam, Bree, and Chase.

As she was planning on sneaking outback, Marcus caught her eye and he headed towards her.

"Uh oh." She says.

"Well, good evening, Harley. Fancy seeing you here without Chase."

"What do you mean? He's out front. I was just getting my frozen yogurt." She nervously says.

"Come on, Harls. I talked to them this morning. I know you haven't talked to them since the trip. What's going on?"

Harley's body tensed. Deep down he knew why she avoided them. The longer she hangs out with them, the more guilty she feels for hiding a huge secret, a secret that will destroy Harley's relationship with everybody.

So she thought the longer she stayed away from Chase, her feelings would fade away. She is no longer in it for revenge. She loves Chase and his family, but she is too buried deep in her mission.

"You know what? It's fine." Marcus' voice snaps her out of her thoughts. "You don't have to tell me. But you do have to join me with the others."

Harley's eyes widen as she shook her head. "I-I can't! I'm suddenly feeling very ill." She fakes a cough, but Marcus gave her a look that made her know she wasn't getting out of this one.