16

"Harls."

Her head snaps up to the sound of her best friend's voice.

"Are you gonna read the letter?"

Harley was having a sense of deja vu as she stared at the letter in her hand. Her eyes scanned Chase's handwriting on the envelope that had her name on it. She then rips it open.

Harley,

There is so much I wanted to tell you, but we never got to the time for it. I know you hate when I confess the important stuff over a note, and I know I have said some things, but believe it or not, I do still love you. And if I were to try and say my goodbyes to you in person, I know I would not be able to leave. But we couldn't stay. We had to leave for your and our family's safety. We decided to not take you with us because I knew that you are better off staying with Leo and them. You are one of the most important people in my life. You will be in the back of my 24/7. I am sorry we couldn't fix things the way we wanted to in time. I will find my way back to you. 

Chase

"Harls?" Leo notices the look on her face as she read the letter. She looks up with no emotion shown. Her eyes showed nothing. Leo and his parents had the same question running through their minds about what was said in the note.

Before another word was said, Harley geo-leaps out of the Davenport household with the letter falling to the floor. Leo looks back at his mom and stepdad before grabbing the fallen letter. As he read it, he sighs as he felt his heart drop. The boy puts the letter on the table.  

Leo looks up the stairs and without a second thought, he runs up in hopes to see his best friend in her room, by the time he got there, she wasn't. Everything was gone. Harley was gone. He sighs.

"Where did you go, Harley?"