09

"Guys, that was awesome!" Leo exclaims to the three bionics as they returned from their mission. "You guys just stopped the biggest oil spills in history." The four of them, plus Harley high-five.

"Pretty slick, huh?" Chase asks with a smirk.

"Yeah, if only we could have prevented that disaster of a pun," Leo tells him before returning to the place he was.

Chase looks down at Harley who shrugs. He sighs before wrapping his arm around her.

"Hey, uh, Mr. Davenport. Anything you'd like to say to us?" Bree asks as she walks over to him. "Rhymes with 'good job'."

"The answer is in the clue!" Adam whispers.

"What were you thinking?" Davenport asks.

"Nope, not even close! Two more guesses!" Adam tells him, and Harley smacks his arm.

"You completely ignored my mission plan, improvised everything, and almost jeopardized the entire mission," Davenport explains. He starts to walk away, but the others follow him.

"Mr. Davenport, we bust our butts all the time, and all you ever do is sit around the lab, making a list of things we did wrong!" Chase exclaims.

"I do not sit around making a list of –" Davenport looks at his tablet. "Things you did wrong." He hides it under his arm.

"That's true. He also practices Tai Quan do in his tighty-whities." Leo says, and he and Harley make a gagging face.

"They are not tighty-whities! They are breathable exercise briefs." Davenport says.

"That's not an image I want to see." Harley groans, pressing her face against Chase's chest.

"Whatever they are, keep your sweeping high kicks away from my screen!" Eddy exclaims.

"Look, you guys got lucky this time, but without my precise planning, you are opening yourselves up to disaster. So just follow my orders." Davenport begins to walk away.

"Well, maybe your orders aren't always right." Chase remarks and Davenport turns around.

"Um, excuse me?" Davenport asks.

"He said, 'Maybe your orders aren't always –" Adam begins but Davenport cuts him off.

"I HEARD HIM!" Davenport yells before exiting the lab.

"I can't believe him," Chase says, putting his stuff down.

"I know," Bree says sighing.

Harley turns to her boyfriend, and she could see how annoyed he was. She steps in front of him and smiles, intertwining their fingers together. Chase smiles down at the girl before kissing her forehead.

"Come upstairs with me, okay?" Harley asks in a soft voice. "Let's go calm down and clear your mind."

Chase nods as the couple exits the lab.

***

The next morning, Chase woke up to an empty bed. He called out for his girlfriend, but when he got no response. He decided to text her, but he got no response. He shrugs it off as he heads down to the lab to get ready for school.

"Hey guys, don't forget: training after school, four PM sharp," Davenport tells the bionic teens as they came up from the lab.

"Oh, okay, Mr. Davenport. Wouldn't want to miss another opportunity for you to tell us everything we're doing wrong." Chase says.

"Oh, and while we're on the subject, do we need a detailed plan to get home from school?" Bree asks. "Oh, and what are these things we're carrying with words in them?"