Agents of Fate

"Baby, I'm home," called out Sun Bo as he walked into the apartment, dropping his keys into the bowl while simultaneously slipping off his shoes and into house slippers.

Seeing that Zhi Gang wasn't in the living room or the kitchen, Sun Bo walked towards their bedroom again stating, "Baby, I'm home."

As he was walking into the bedroom, Zhi Gang was walking out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and one in his hands, still drying his hair. "Oh, baby, you're home. I was in the shower. I did not hear you come in."

Walking over to his husband, Sun Bo took the towel from Zhi Gang's hand and began to dry Zhi Gang's hair. Speaking softly into Zhi Gang's ear, Sun Bo said, "I called out twice when I got home. If only I was a few minutes sooner, we could've showered together." Sun Bo ended his statement with several kisses to Zhi Gang's neck.

Turning around in his lover's arms and placing his arms around Sun Bo's neck, Zhi Gang said, "Is that all you think about?"

Sun Bo jokingly replied as he draped the towel around Zhi Gang's neck, "No, but when I come home and see the love of my life coming out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel on, how do you think I should respond." As he hugged Zhi Gang closer to his body, Sun Bo planted a loving peck on the lips of the momentarily stunned Zhi Gang.

Not giving Zhi Gang an opportunity to respond, Sun Bo said, "Right now however, I need to shower since someone did not wait on me." As he was separating from Zhi Gang, he surprised his lover further by spinning Zhi Gang around as Sun Bo took the towel that had formerly been wrapped around Zhi Gang's waist, "As punishment, I'm taking this with me." Luckily, Zhi Gang had put his underwear on right after drying off otherwise he would've been standing their naked with a towel around his neck.

Zhi Gang could only smile lovingly as Sun Bo sauntered into the bathroom. As he continued to prepare for bed, Zhi Gang could not help but think about how much happiness Sun Bo had brought into his life since they met. They were definitely an unlikely pair but Zhi Gang could not picture himself with anyone else, nor could he picture his life without Sun Bo.

Exiting the bathroom in a similar state of undress as Zhi Gang earlier, Sun Bo asked, "So, how did things go with Yu Shi Gu today?" asked Sun Bo.

Lying on the bed, Zhi Gang, was unaware of the question that Sun Bo had just asked as he was lost in his own thoughts.

Half-sitting on the bed in nothing but his towel, Sun Bo draped the towel he had been using to dry his hair around his neck and tapped Zhi Gang's foot to bring Zhi Gang out of whatever thoughts he was lost in. Only after the foot tap did Zhi Gang realize that Sun Bo was already out of the bathroom and sitting on the bed looking at him with a semi-worried, questioning look.

Sun Bo asked, "Baby, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," came Zhi Gang's reply, "I was just thinking about all the things that we have been through since we met and how much happiness I've been able to experience over the last six years." Looking at Sun Bo lovingly, "At this point, I cannot imagine my life without you."

Moving up from the foot of the bed, Sun Bo hugged Zhi Gang as he rearranged himself beside his husband as they rested against the bed's headboard. "Husband, I feel the same way. The joy that I have being with you is hard for me to contain at times. Six years later and I'm just as crazy in love with you as when we first met and started dating."

Looking at Sun Bo, Zhi Gang said, "This afternoon, after coming home, I really thought about something. You and I began dating at almost the same time as Yu Shi Gu and Hao Ting. You and I have been able to experience loving each other for six years. The love we have for each other has had time to grow and mature. I now understand the sense of loss that Yu Shi Gu feels and Hao Ting must feel. Honestly, I feel a little guilty."