They Meet

"Do you think this is going to work?" asked Zhi Gang. "This plan seems too simple."

"Have you never seen any K-drama? As simple as this plan is, it always seems to work," Sun Bo responded.

"Really!"

"Really!"

The husband and husband duo had talked about it for a good while the previous evening that it was going to be on them to reunite their, obviously in love but apparently clueless, friends. Sun Bo came up with the plan, it just all hinged primarily on three things; timing, the weather, plus the cooperation of Yu Shi Gu and Hao Ting. Sitting together on the couch at their home, it was time to put the plan into action.

Zhi Gang had researched the weather forecast for tonight and it seems that fate truly was on their side. It was forecast to be clear transparent skies with an astronomical seeing index of 5, a darkness index of 6.5, winds and humidity both at zero, while the temperature would be a pleasant 19 degrees Celsius, almost the perfect conditions for star gazing.

Zhi Gang handed Sun Bo the phone, "You're up first."

"Zao an," as Sun Bo spoke into the phone. "Hao Ting, I have a huge favor to ask. Do you have plans for this evening?"

"No, why? What's up?" was Hao Ting's reply.

Sun Bo and Zhi Gang thought so far, so good. "Do you mind helping me with something this evening?" Sun Bo asked.

Hao Ting replied almost immediately, "Sure, I'm okay with whatever it is, it will give me a reason to get out of the house. This way I don't have to keep avoiding my dad and having to hear from my mom about avoiding my dad. What do you need help with?"

Sun Bo continued with the plan, "Hopefully you don't mind, but I remember when we were talking how you took Yu Shi Gu on a date to see the nightscape of the city and the stars. I was hoping to recreate that scene when I purpose to Zhi Gang again. I know this place holds special memories for you, is it okay?"

Hao Ting paused momentarily, realizing that he still had not gone to that spot on his memory tour. However, he couldn't think of a better place for Sun Bo to purpose to Zhi Gang. The memory and the happiness Hao Ting felt that night, looking at Yu Shi Gu's excited and smiling face was still vividly imprinted on Hao Ting's mind. There was no way that the emotional and romantic Zhi Gang could say no to Sun Bo's proposal if it happened there.

"Yes, it's okay. This place is magical and there's no way that Zhi Gang will be able to say no," Hao Ting responded.

"Thanks brother, but I still have one more favor to ask." Sun Bo continued, "Can you go with me to set up everything? I want it to be perfect and after he says yes, we can all go out for a celebratory dinner and drinks."

"I'm in," replied Hao Ting. "Is there anything else that you need for me to do?

"No, I think I have everything," responded Sun Bo. "I will pick you up later. I will text you when I'm on my way to your house. Thank you, Hao Ting. After tonight, I know you will be officially getting a brother-in-law."

"I'm so excited and happy for you brother. Chài-kiàn."

"Chài-kiàn."

"That went smoother than I was expecting," Zhi Gang commented after Sun Bo had finished his conversation with Hao Ting.

"Easy for you to say. Wait until it's your turn. Just remember to keep to the script. Keep it short and simple." Those were Sun Bo's words to Zhi Gang as he was dialing Yu Shi Gu's number. Handing the phone to Zhi Gang as it was connecting, Sun Bo stated, "You're up."