Side by side

A magicians Beast chapter 7

Jin-Woo gasped as he sat up,clutching his chest for dear life.

'A dream...?'

'Was it a dream?'

His eyes recognised the pure white of the hospital walls and bedsheets. Sunset had seeped through the room, colouring the blank room an evening orange.

'A hospital...'

The sliding door of the room opened and two men dressed in black suits walked in,their shoes tapping against the pristine floor.

"Are you finally awake now?" The light brown haired man walked next to the hospital bed.

"Who are you?" Jin-Woo asked as the suited man took out a black business card from his pocket and handed it to him.

"I'm sorry if we surprised you." The man apologised

Jin-Woo examined the white writing on the black business card, the name on the object intriguing him.

"The Korean hunter guild's inspectors...why do the inspectors want to see me..." He muttered to himself.

The two inspectors made there way to the couch next to the bed and begun to tell Jin-Woo the events of what had happened while he was unconscious.

"I was asleep for three days?!?" Jin-Woo asked in disbelief

"What happened to miss Ju-Hee,Mr.Song Chi-Yul and (m/n)? Are they safe?" He wondered to the two inspectors.

"yes, they're safe,but..." The light haired man trailed off.

"Hunter Song Chi-Yul's missing arm will most likely impede his work from now on, so he may retire if he chooses to. Hunter Lee Ju-Hee is still getting treated due to her extreme trauma. It's uncertain if they will stay hunters. But (l/n) (m/n) on the other hand was asleep like you were, we were going to visit him to see if he has woken up yet after talking with you."

Jin-Woo sighed in relief, he felt a heavy weight lift off of his shoulders. He had a feeling that miss Ju-Hee and Mr.Song would have survived after leaving the dungeon, but he was glad (m/n) was alive considering the circumstances.

"And other hunters like Kim Sang-Shik..." The other man in a black suit said.

"No...it's fine,that's enough." Jin-Woo interrupted.

He didn't want to think about what Mr.Kim did,not right now,not so soon after he had just woken up and miraculously survived such an event.

"The number of people that survived the double lair is seven. Although hunters are in danger every time they hunt,it's rare for a massacre like this to occur.

When the inspectors and the White tiger guild reached the scene,they were all gone. In that room was only you and (m/n),lying on the altar-no statues or anything the others described were found." The lighted brown man informed.

"That can't be...!" Jin-Woo gasped

"We couldn't believe it either." The suited man continued

"If the survivors' testimonies had differed by even a little, or if some if the body parts of the deceased weren't fount there,we would've thought a different explanation.

This is just our theory but...we believe you have received the 'double awakening'" the man concluded

'Double awakening?!' Jin-Woo thought

*A hunter's stats are set when they receive the "awakening" or power. However, some hunters get awakened again after the first time. There have been cases of C-Ranks plowing directly to an A-Rank, or a B-Rank shooting straight to S-Rank.*