The Dark Void

A magicians Beast chapter 9

"I see, if we level up,every stat goes up by 1. Clearing the Daily Quest gives us 3 stat points.Leveling up means all our stats go up by one, so we get a total of 5 points each." Jin-Woo calculated

"It also looks like we also share the Exp points we receive so we don't need to worry about one of us lagging behind when trying to achieve the same level" (m/n) said

Jin-Woo smiled as he looked at screen.

"That's good to know...but"

Jin-Woo hummed to himself.

"How much stronger do we become per stat point? Even our intelligence and sense can be expressed with numbers. The easiest one to understand is strength...it was only raised by 10 but I can definitely feel the improvements,what about you (m/n)? Since you upgraded your intelligence a lot do you feel different?"

(m/n) nodded and created a small fireball with his hand.

"I don't feel physically stronger,but my mana feels different. I can create fireballs faster than before and doing so doesn't make feel as tired as it usually does. It might be because of the increase my Mp stat, perhaps intelligence increases the maximum amount of mana you have?" He said snuffing out the flame in his hand.

"If that's true then that could be the reason your Mp stat is way higher than mine" Jin-Woo said leaning on the metal shutter behind them.

"It seems like even I can get stronger"

(m/n) pulled Jin-Woo closer to him by his shoulder and flashed him an encouraging smile.

"I knew you could always get stronger, so try and believe in yourself more, ok?"

His friend felt a comforting fuzziness in his chest and smiled softly at the taller man, the screens next to them disappearing.

"Don't worry,I will. And thank you for believing in me"

"Of course, it's what friends do" (m/n) chuckled as he got up and walked towards the corpses of the two Raikan close to them.

Jin-Woo felt a slight pain in his heart when he heard that but he also felt confidence too. Even though (m/n) didn't see him as more than a friend, he was glad that he believed in him and that made him want to get stronger not just for him and his family but (m/n) too.

He got up and followed after (m/n) as he watched his friend hum to himself in deep thought.

"What's the problem?" He asked breaking his friend from his thoughts

"Look at this, these monsters don't drop magical cores but instead they drop items" (m/n) said as he handed 1 of the 2 items in his possession to Jin-Woo.

[Item:Raikan's Fang]

[Item class:None]

[Type:Junk]

[A large and sharp fang of a Raikan. You can keep it in your inventory or sell it in the store.]

"Since this dungeon was opened by the key you got from the daily random box, perhaps any monster we kill here only drops items because it was created by the game's system" He wondered

"It would make sense-oh!, there's even a store" Jin-Woo said, opening the store screen next to him

"A store?!" (m/n) exclaimed as he shot up towards the store screen,startling his friend in the process.

(m/n) looked over Jin-Woo's shoulder as his friend decided to by something to see what happened. His fingers tap the buy icon and the screen immediately changes.