Jana's secret

"Tell me" I begged.
Jana frowned "but I don't want you to hate me for it."
I frowned "I won't if you tell me now."
She looked around to see if anyone was around, which no one was since we had watch duty.
"Sooooo I maybe kind of like Jeff" she said quietly.
I felt a twinge of hate in my heart for her at that second.
"Why?" Iasked.
She shrugged " he's really nice, even to Nina and he always cares about our health....." she trailed off into her thoughts.
My mind was screaming for me to hurt her, or at least make it clear that Jeff was mine.
She turned to me "Do you like Jeff?"
I just looked at her like she was stupid "Jeff is my whole world" I answered honestly "without him I'd be all alone...."
Her eyes widened at me and that's when I relished that her eyes were green, not black like I had thought before.
"How didn't I notice your eyes?" I asked aloud.
She shrugged "sometimes they're green and other times they're black."
"Please don't take Jeff from me "I said so quietly that I was almost sure that she didn't hear me.
Her eyes looked sad when I said it so I knew that she had heard me.
"I-I promise" she whispered back then smile "besides, EJ called me hot yesterday, maybe he likes me."
I smiled "trust me, he does."