Chapter 7 (Part 1) - A New Companion?

Bruh... This song is too jolly for this part! But I felt it suited another part if this chapter! Honestly, to make this chapter more sad I'd prefer if you didn't play the song. But you can still play it if you'd like during it or after. This is just my opinion. Same goes to previous and future chapters! 😂

Your P.o.v

"Um...excuse me?...are you ok?..." A unknown voice asked not too far away.

...Someone else...i-is here too?!

"..p-please...d-don't HuRt m-me?!.." I cried.

"H-hurt you?! I'm sorry, but I'd never imagine hurting anyone! Apart from when I get my hands on Joey..." The voice mumbled the last part but I still heard them.

"A-are you s-sure?! If I don't see why you wouldn't!  I m-mean, he'll do it if you d-don't!" I trembled whilst I said this to the person behind my curled up body. I had been crying nonstop to myself until this person showed up.

"Who's...he?..." They asked.

"Him...t-this place, t-the machine, I d-don't belong here! If I did, I would have preferred if it was for a different reason!...

...I can't look at him the same way now...." Fresh tears started to fall as I said that last part.

"Hold on, what about the machine? ...Are you talking about the ink machine?"

I slowly nod, before I feel a cold touch on my right shoulder. I shrieked at the sudden contact and tried scurrying further into my corner.

I heard the voice gasp before they spoke again.

"O-oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to frighten you. I was just trying to comfort you..." They said with a sigh.

They took a quick breath before the once again spoke.

"Look...I don't know what's going on. But from what I've seen so far in the hell hole and the state you seem to be in Miss, I know it's nothing good and I need to sort it out once and for all!"

Before I could ask what they meant, I heard the sound of shoes walking down the hall. I looked up from my position and gasped at what I saw.

It was definetly a man, as his voice gave apart if that away and now it I fully right as I looked at him. Even though the man had his backed turned and was still walking away, I had a feeling of who he was...but was I right?

I suddenly had the confidence to speak out to him.

"W-wait!"

The man stopped in his tracks. He must of thought for a moment before turning around to face me.

And I think we both got a shock at what we saw or heard.

The man looked to be in his late 40's. He had ash brown hair that was partly/neatly combed back, as some of it stuck up a bit still.
He had a neat beard growing and perfect jawline too.
He wore a white blouse, with a pair of black trousers that went all the way down to his brown, leather shoes. He had a pair of matching black suspenders too.

He honestly looked like he was from the 1960's! And he honestly reminded me of the predicted version of Henry Stein people would draw as fanart!....wait-

"Um, excuse me...Miss?"

My train of thought ended from looking at him as he started talking again.

"Are you ok now?..."

I was still on the floor and the tears had stopped. I guess I was partly ok...for now.

"U-uh yeah! B-but w-who are y-you?.." At least I was able to manage that out.

"Well Miss, my name is-" Before he could finish his sentence, there was loud bang from the direction of the ink machine.

"Hold on, I'll be right back!..." He started to walk off a bit more quickly this time.

"P-please w-wait!" I cried out, not meaning to sound so pleading. But I was indeed pleading. Pleading that this man would save me...

He turned back around again once more. When he started to turn around, his face looked agitated. But once he fully turned around and looked at me. That emotion left and it was replaced with a warm smile. It made me feel..safe.

"Don't worry. I promise I'll be back." He said before turning the corner.

When he smiled, I felt myself fill with hope when he said that.

I was actually going to be freed!...