Chapter 9 - All Too Soon

Henry's P.o.v

(?/n) seemed to have a worried and scared look on her face.

I hope I didn't say anything to hurt her feelings.

"...Are you ready to go (?/n)..."

As soon as I had mentioned (?/n)'s name, she instantly looked up at me as I held out my arms for her.

She looked agitated but soon allowed me to pick her up.

And as soon as she was secure enough in my arms, I slowly made my way into the high flood of ink, with the axe in (?/n)'s hands so I could hold her higher up and more properly.

The ink came up to my waist, I wasn't expecting it to be that deep. But I was glad I had told (?/n) to do what she had done.

As a waded myself through the glooby, black and sticky ink, I kept looking at (?/n). Her face easily told me how she felt. She felt insecure and uncomfortable. From what, I didn't know but I knew I'd have to ask sooner or later.

During the short time period, I heard a shuffling sound, but I didn't think twice about it and kept moving.

The trip through the ink was short as we had quickly made it to a door. I tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. And as soon as I was about to tell (?/n), the ink as if on que started to slowly seep away into the floor boards. With a sigh of relief, I opened the now free of of ink door which lead into another short corridor.

This was probably the shortest corridor, as in seconds I had reached another door. (?/n) was still silent throughout it all.

I quickly opened the door only to be met with yet another horrific sight...

Your P.o.v

I had remained quiet ever since Henry had said that sentence to me.

' "I think...carrying you would be for the best..." What did Henry mean by that?.... And the way he looked at me definitely told me that something was off...what though?...'

I could see Henry look at me from time to time from the corner of my eye, but I sad nothing about it even though it sort of bothered me.

I heard a shuffling sound when we went through the flood of ink. It scared me but I didn't let it show, as Henry didn't seem worried about it.

We continued on. After the pound of ink, we came to the door that was blocked by it. I knew we couldn't get through, as Henry looked disappointed once he tried the handle. But luckily the ink went away and we were able to continue.

We came to another door and this one was much easier to open.
But of course, something bad ending up being on the other side.

2nd Person's P.o.v

Once the two of you opened the door and saw the sight, the both of you had different reactions.

Henry of course, was appalled at the sight. The fact that coffins littered the room chilled him to the bone. This was all underneath the studio and he never knew about it....It had to have been Joey. He couldn't think of any of the other wonderful people he had worked with to have committed such a crime...

You, one the other hand knew about it. You even knew who was contained in each of them as you had received the seeing tool at the end of chapter 5 when you finished played the game.

But that was the game, this was all real remember?

You gulped down the lump you felt in your throat as you slowly got out of Henry's grasp. Henry seemed reluctant to do so, but did one he saw the look on your face.

The look of grief yet hope...

You slowly begin to walk around the room, avoiding the pentagram in the middle of the floor for you knew what would happen if you stepped onto it.

You lightly touch the coffins, the smooth, wooden surfaces made your hand flinch as you've never touched a coffin before.

You felt like crying again, but you knew you didn't actually know these people. If would have been more suitable to cry if you knew them well. But then again you did know them, just not the normal way...

You go to lean against one as you slide down it or support. You forget about you leg as a pained hiss if heard, as a result you bang the back of your neck which made you yelp from the new surge of pain.

Of course, Henry heard this as he was in his trance of looking at the coffins. He turned to you and a look of worry crossed his face.

"(?/n)! Are you ok?!" He quickly makes his way straight across the room.

You see him do this and try to yell at him to stop, but he didn't.

As a result Henry looks around as if he's lost, until he suddenly collapses to the floor.

You know what happened. He had the visions of the Ink Machine, a wheelchair and of course, the demon and quickly fell unconscious.

You sighed, knowing it could have been prevented sooner but also knowing Henry would wake up eventually...

You lean back against the coffin, another sigh escapes your lips as you start to slowly close yours eyes. You thought a quick nap would help whilst you waited for Henry.

Only for the sound of a heart beat to bring you back from your sudden thoughts....