Chapter 10 (Part 1) - Hę'ş Hêřë...

Your P.o.v

I knew that heartbeat too well...

It belonged to him.

And it was close.

On instinct, I tried getting up to go hide but I kept failing miserably.

My injured leg had gone numb from the all pain, my neck and left shoulder weren't in any better conditions either.

I was trying to give it one more go, when the heartbeat was no longer heard....

I started to panic. 'Where did he go?!...' I mentally screamed to myself. I tried scrambling to my feet yet again and luckily this time, I managed to get up.

I needed to lean against the coffin for support, as I almost fell over from the sudden movement of getting up. But I didn't care about that at the moment.

His heartbeat was still quiet...as if it was never there in the first place.

"W-was it an h-h-hallucination?..." I trembled to myself. Surely he didn't follow us down here anyways...right?...

...

.....

Wrong.

A low growl was heard just outside the door we came through, but no heartbeat or black veins were heard or visable.

As quickly as a could, which wasn't much, I scrambled behind two of the coffins and waited for him to do three things before I knew I was safe again;

1 - Him to come in.

2 - Him to made an attempt of looking but not too much that he finds me.

3 - He'll then leave and doesn't come back once.

By the time I had thought of that quick plan, the doorknob of the door began to slowly turn which only made me tense up more.

'He knows somethings not right...' I thought to myself.

'But what-'

I suddenly remembered...

There was someone else here with me too before him....

"H-henry!" I shouted/whispered on realising what I had done.

I had left Henry in the middle of the petagram, with no protection or hiding place.

I couldn't leave him there! I needed to help him find somewhere to hide!

I struggled out of my hiding spot, not even remembering about the other presence as I made my way slowly and painfully over to the unconscious man. Once I reached him, I started to shake him shoulders the best I could with my right arm.

"H-h-henry?...h-henry!? W-wake up!..." I shouted/whispered to him as I shook him as best I could. There was no response from the man.

It felt like the world had slowed down as I what happened next took place.

I tried dragging Henry into a hiding spot, but what I didn't realise was that the turning of the door knob from earlier....

...

Was just a distraction...