Ch 7

Kageyama's POV

The next morning I woke up early because we had school. As I left my house and started my walk, I couldn't help but think about what had happened over the past couple of days. 'What are me an Hinata? Do I like him? Does he like me? Does he even like guys at all?' My mind wandered while I walked to school. I was so distracted that I didn't even notice Hinata start walking next to me.

"You ok?" I jumped.

"Heh, yea sorry, I was just thinking about something."

"Were you thinking about what happened a couple of days ago?" He asked with a smile. A smile that could make anyone's heart flutter, just like mine. My stomach flipped and I could feel my face getting hot.

"S-Shut up dumbass..." I looked away trying to hide my blush hoping he hadn't noticed, but of course, he did.

"Well, I liked it so don't worry." He bumped into my shoulder as we walked. Even though we touched for less than a second, my skin tingled underneath my jacket and I felt my face heat up again.

"Oh... well what do you want to do about that...?" I didn't want to just ask him out. There was still a chance that he didn't think of me in that way.

"Hmmm... I have something in mind, but what do you want to do about it?" He asked innocently. My hands stated to sweat, so I shoved them in my pocket.

"I- Well I... I want to..." I couldn't seem to get the words out of my mouth. I stopped walking and awkwardly looked down at the pavement. I knew it was going to be hard to express my feelings to him since I don't normally do that kind of thing, but I didn't think it was going to be this difficult.

"How about we try it for a week and if you're not comfortable we can stop." I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't explain myself to him, but at the same time I was glad he understood what I wanted to say. I nodded and looked up at him. He seemed so calm and confident. I smiled and decided to keep walking.

Hinata's POV

'OH MY GOD I DID IT AND HE SAID YES OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!' I struggled to breathe but steadied my breath in time. We started walking again and I let my hands swing by my side. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kageyama start to think again, he zoned out but seemed like he was having a large internal argument with himself. I stifled a giggle and kept walking in comfortable silence, which was strange for us. Then he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. His warmth radiated throughout my body and I gasped a little at his touch. I looked up at him to see that his face was dusted pink.

"Kage-"

"Shut up!" I giggled a little and rested my head on his shoulder for a moment while we walked, and I could feel him relax a little.

We got to the front gates way too soon and we both pulled away from each other and stopped walking.

"Do you want to tell the team?" He asked quietly, turning to face me.

"Nah, they don't need to know yet." I smiled. I didn't want to push him into anything, and who knows, maybe this won't work out at all. Maybe after the week he'll hate me.

"Hey are you ok?" Kageyama's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I nodded. "Well in that case..." he said pausing slightly. Then he took off running towards the gym.

"HEY! CHEATER GET BACK HERE!" I sprinted after him, catching up quickly before we both barreled into the gym.

"I... definitely... won..." Kageyama said in between gasps.

"NO WAY...! You cheated... and I definitely got here first!" I screamed back at him, gasping for breath. We went quiet for a minute and looked at each other before we burst out laughing.

"It's took early for this King. Shut up." Tsukishima said as he and Yamaguchi walked past us into the gym. Yamaguchi just shot us an apologetic smile before heading in.

"Shut up yourself you salty dinosaur!" I shouted back at him as I put my stuff against the wall next to Kageyama's.

"Oh hey there shrimp. I didn't even notice you, you're just so short I didn't see you!" Tsukishima said with a smirk. I grit my teeth and heard a small 'TSUKKI' from Yamaguchi who was trying to get him to stop.

"Why you..." Kageyama said in a low growl which startled both me and Yamaguchi. Even Tsukishima seemed a little surprised before he pushed on.

"Awww look, the King is protecting his queen." He said mockingly. I was holding Kageyama back as Yamaguchi was trying get Tsukishima to stop before they got in trouble.

"THATS ENOUGH! STOP OR I'LL KICK YOU BOTH OUT!" Daichi yelled from across the court where he stood with Suga, the two of them looking like angry parents. This was enough to finally get them to stop but the tension was obvious for the rest of practice.

SUGA'S POV

"That was weird wasn't it, Kageyama and Hinata haven't fought all practice AND they actually stood up for each other earlier when Tsukki was teasing them..." I whispered to Daichi when everyone left the gym to head to class.

"Now that you mention it... yea, it is kinda strange. They've gotten quite close recently."

"Too close... I think they're dating. That's the only explanation, and I'm never wrong about these things." I said quickly looking at him.

"HA the two of them... dating... you may be right most of the time but this time you're totally wrong." Daichi said laughing.

"Hmph.. wanna bet!"

"You're on! Loser gets $20 and gets to choose what we do on our next date."

"Prepare yourself for picnic Dai because I'm totally right." I told him before walking away.

"NOPE WE'RE GOING TO LASER TAG!" He shouted back.

-+=+-          -+=+-          -+=+-

YAY! 

i really just had to add sugamama to this story bc it just always works no matter what. 

im also happy that i sprinkled some daisuga in there bc its a top tier ship 

thank you, i will not be taking any criticism.

Anyway I hope you liked this chapter!

Stay Safe <3