Ch 8

ARTIST: @noranb_(on twitter)

-+=+-          -+=+-          -+=+-

Kageyama's POV

It was the end of practice (THE ONE AFTER SCHOOL) and it was getting dark. We were all cleaning up the gym when Tanaka started yelling.

"OH I ALMOST FORGOT! DID YOU HEAR WHAT HAPPENED AT THE MALL THIS WEEKEND?!" Hinata and I froze and shot glances at each other. 'He wasn't talking about what happened with us was he?'

"APPARENTLY A PERV WAS CAUGHT TOUCHING SOME KID AND THIS REALLY SCARY DUDE WITH DARK HAIR BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA HIM! THEY FOUND HIM KNOCKED OUT ON THE GROUND NEAR THE BATHROOMS!" I turned beat red from embarrassment. 'Did I really knock him out? I thought I just hit him.' The team had stopped putting the equipment away and gathered around Tanaka. Hinata and I looked at each other, we were both as red as tomatoes.

"Oh yea! I remember hearing about that! Someone said that the dark haired guy had a really scary aura and that the kid had bright red hair right? Or did I make that up?" Noya asked. Everyone shook their heads except me and Hinata, who were still frozen. 'What if everyone figured out that it was me and Hinata... Everyone would have a lot of questions.' It seems like we were both thinking the same thing because we both shot each other a worried glance. We quickly looked away and my eyes roamed the teams before they fell of Suga's face. He was staring at me, smirking evilly. I don't think I've ever been more scared in my entire life.

"Well, I guess we should go before it gets too dark. Get home safe everyone!" Suga yelled and everyone started to trickle out of the gym. I got to the door before Suga yelled again. "OH Kageyama and Hinata can you come here for a second. I have an idea for your quick! I won't keep you here too long don't worry!" We eyed each other before turning around again and walking back to Suga. Once everyone was out of the gym, Suga put his hand on his hip and looked at us like a mom waiting for an explanation.

"Spill it!" He said. Hinata flinched and looked away so I started to tell him about what had happened over the weekend, making sure to exclude details about what had happened at our sleepover and us crying and hugging, and the kiss on the cheek, and saying the Hinata was "mine".

"Well well... I knew you two seemed closer than before. I'm very proud of you Kageyama," He said placing a hand on my shoulder and smiling. "Oh, and one more thing. You're dating aren't you." He said it as more of a statement than a question and my whole body tensed. I blushed and looked away and Hinata seemed to choke on nothing. "I'm taking your silence as a yes!" Suga replied smiling, taking out his phone and punching in some numbers and bringing it to his ear.

"Daichi. You are now $20 poorer and we are going on a picnic this Saturday!" We both whipped around.

"YOU BET ON US?!" We yelled in sync. Suga just smiled.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with us!" With that Suga walked out of the gym, leaving us alone.

We walked home in silence, still a little shocked. When we got to the spot where we would separate, we both just stood there awkwardly before I broke the silence.

"Hinata... can I do something."
"Hmm? Ok."

"You can stop me if you don't want to ok." He nodded. I leaned in slowly and connected our lips. Much to my surprise, he kissed back and wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling us closer and deepening the kiss. I put my arms around his waist bringing him even closer. We were forced to pull away after a couple of seconds and we gasped for breath, still holding onto each other tightly. I nuzzled into his hair (which I had wanted to do for a while) and breathed deeply, taking in his sweet, citrusy scent.