I'm ofically an escapee

Nico POV

Before Batman could see what I had summoned, I banished the skeleton into the shadows and back to the underworld.
He had served his purpose.

When cape dude (I'm not going to stop calling him that.) saw what was in front of him, he quickly rushed over to the one monitor that survived the bashing. The skeleton did his job well. The room looked like a tornado had flown through it. People may not like my powers all too much, but they sure are useful.

While Batman was distracted with his newly decorated room, I crept toward the exit. I couldn't shadow travel at the moment, but I've learned some new tricks in the last few months. Now, I could shadow jump.

It wasn't as tiring as shadow travel but it could only get me so far. I could now literally jump in and out of shaws, and this was the perfect place to do it. It also prevented me from being detected by making sound with shuffling feet in an echoey cave.

I made my way towards the closest source of light, which happened to be the big computer I saw before. On closer examination, I noticed that the place was in chaos. There were coffee cups, and papers spread out everywhere. This spot was probably near an exit if Batman was here often enough to go back and forth for coffee.

There was no time to hang around though. I already could hear the running footsteps of the pretend enderman.

I jumped in and out of the shadows once more as I went down the closest thing to an exit I could see. Even if I didn't find an exit, at least Batman wouldn't be able to find me. That is until I run out of energy. It starves. My doctor definitely would not like that idea.

I came into a spacious cavern and the first thing I noticed where the vehicles. The car was the closest along with a motorcycle. I didn't have a problem with all the black, but almost all of the transport had a logo of a bat. Man, I have never seen anyone so obsessed with bats. Cape dude has a problem.

Anyway, if this many automobiles were sitting in one location then there must be an exit close by. The motorcycle was probably my best choice. It was small and maneuverable. Perfect to fit through tight spaces. Also, I have wanted to drive one for a long time. I jogged over and inspected the beast. Keys were hanging on the handle and the runway wasn't too far ahead.

Are the fates finally doing me a favor? I doubt it. I better lick my luck before runs out.

Quickly, I hopped on and started the engine. I can't deny that I was at least a little excited to ride one of these things. I found the gas and brake controls pretty fast and started on my way before Batman caught up to me. There was no chance he didn't hear the motorcycle the second I turned it on.

I sped down the runway and prayed to the gods that I wouldn't end up with a broken, well, everything.

Looking ahead I saw that I was approaching a cave wall. Uh oh. I reached for the brake until I saw a glimpse of light just beneath the wall. The gap was widening and I realized that it was a secret entrance opening up automatically for the motorcycle.

Thank gods. I had found an exit. Plus, I didn't crash into a wall. As I came out of the darkness, I breathed out a sigh of relief. Maybe now that I was out I could shadow travel again. Maybe.

I decided to ditch the cycle in case it was being tracked. The thrill of having the wind blow thought your being was amazing, but the good times only last so long. I learned that the hard way.

I decided the best way to ditch my ride was to jump off it and have it run until it crashed. Then I could get some in some distance away from the thing. I carefully squared on the seat and readied myself for a rough landing.

One...

Two...

Three!

I jumped.

And dived, before I could land on my face, rolled and landed on my back.

Few. Didn't hurt as bad as I thought. I could hear the rumble of the motorcycle's engine go for a bit before a crash was heard. Quickly I stood up and searched my surroundings. It looked like it was early afternoon. Ok, maybe I wasn't unconscious for as long as u thought.

Luckily, I was in a grove of trees. Witch meant shade which equaled shadows. I could see a street not too far to my left, where the motorcycle was headed.

Looking back at where I came from I couldn't spot a place where a secret entrance would be. I will confess. Batman was good at what he did.

Before the Enderman could come looking, I found a decently dark shadow of a tree and tried to shadow travel again. This time I could clearly hear the screams from the field of punishment. Finally. My powers are working properly. Whatever was in Batman's cave must have been blocking them.

Let's hope the fates never let me meet that mortal again. His questioning was too annoying to listen to.

Thank you all for reading my first short story of this book! I recently returned for a four-day trip so I might not update next week. But then again, I just might. I can't tell the future.

Good luck fellow readers. And have a happy Saturday!

 And have a happy Saturday!

Will was mad at me for being late to lunch

Will was mad at me for being late to lunch. I tried to ignore him but he just won't go away. I eventually had to tell him what happened witch includes my malfunctioning powers.

Big mistake. He wouldn't let me leave the infirmary for two weeks.