ONE-SHOT LXXIV: Honeymoon Week Pt. 3 (WinterPhoenix Wedding)

Set after previous one-shot - a couple days later

Adelaide Lehnsherr-Barnes

I giggled as the lady massaged my bare back.

'It tickles!' I giggled again. Ever since we had come on our honeymoon, James was dying to take me to a spa so I could be treated to a right royal massage, as he put it. Long story short, the poor man ended up having to pay for a full package of a manicure, pedicure, haircut and massage. I felt the lady glide her fingers over my shoulder, near where the vibranium arm was attached.

'Lose your arm, hon?' the woman asked. I looked up at her.

'What?'

'Did you - lose your arm?' she asked again, gesturing to the vibranium that replaced my human arm. I smiled slightly.

'Yes.'

'This prosthetic is unlike anything I've seen before. It's lovely.'

'Oh. Thank you.' She kept massaging all over my back, even going down to my hips and legs. I let out a breath I didn't know I'd been holding before and let my body completely relax, pressing my face into the small pillow and closing my eyes.

-Time skip-

I laid in the large spa tub as the two women began to clean my fingernails and toenails, clipping them and massaging them. Then they started painting them a lovely red colour. I blew the bubbles in the spa tub as a lady behind me cleaned my hair and washed it. When I finally got out of the spa tub, I wrapped myself in a towel and sat in a chair while they did my hair, cutting and colouring it to my liking.

When I was finally done, the ladies let me get dressed again, but when I came into my dressing room where I had left my clothes, I saw a dress laying out on the chair where my clothes should have been. I checked my watch. 5 P.M., the watch read. On top of the dress was white heels. And right with the heels was a note. I picked it up and unfolded it. I read it aloud.

Hey Adelaide,

Sorry I stole your clothes. Had to beg the ladies to let me leave this dress in here. It was a very secret wedding present from your sister Wanda, who insisted it would look great on you. There's also earrings and a necklace to go with it. I never was the best at jewellery, so I had Steve pick it out. In fact, Wanda and Steve did all the picking. I just gave suggestions. We've got dinner at six-thirty. Hope you enjoyed your care package, doll.

All my love,

James

I smiled and got dressed in the formal wear. Once I was done, I looked in the mirror. The red dress I was wearing hugged my body perfectly, complementing all my curves. The dress had slim sleeves that were silky smooth to the touch. The white heels fit my feet perfectly. I stood in front of the mirror, then gave one last twirl. I went out, and the ladies finally started on my makeup and the final touches to my hair. After they finished my hair and makeup, I looked in the mirror. I looked beautiful, hardly even recognising myself. I checked my watch again. 6:23 P.M., it read. Just then, I heard a pair of soft footfalls and James entered with the biggest smile on his face. I turned to greet him.

'Doll...' he said. 'You... I'm speechless. You look amazing.' I surveyed his outfit. He was wearing a military uniform.

'You look really handsome.' I stepped up to him and ran my hand through his slicked-back locks. I stood up slightly on tiptoe and kissed his cheek tenderly, then his lips. We pulled back from each other, smiling. He had a little bit of my lipstick on his bearded cheek, and at this I reached up, wiping it away with my sleeve. 'Did Steve get this uniform for you?' I asked him.

'Yes. Before he left, he gave it to me. Said he got it from the museum. The Smithsonian.'

'You mean he stole it?'

'Probably. That little punk knows how to steal everything.' I laughed. Then he turned and offered his arm to me. 'Shall we, milady?'

'Absolutely, sir.' I slipped my arm through James' and we walked out, on our way to dinner.