ONE-SHOT XXIII: Truth Or Dare: Pt. 4 of Unfamiliar Concepts

I kinda wanted to do Truth or Dare and childish!Steve. It's kinda adorable when I think about it. Also, uncomfortable!Adelaide is gonna be great to write. Get ready for embarrassment and secrets revealed!! Juicy...

Set after Blood Phoenix 5

Adelaide Lehnsherr

I frowned, walking in on the scene of bottles of alcohol around the dinner table.

'Tony... I'm confused. What's going on here?'

'Truth or Dare,' he replied.

'Is this the silly game you keep talking about, where you ask someone to tell a truth or do something silly and/or stupid?'

'Yeah, that's exactly what I said.'

'Right... I'm gonna go swim laps in the pool. I swear, it gets hotter every day.' I walked off, mumbling things under my breath.

I was in the pool, swimming laps. I could go on forever. Until I heard Steve call out. I swam up to the edge of the pool and floated, using my powers of aquakinesis to keep me afloat, treading water.

'What is it, Steve?' My arms were tired, so I swam to the edge and folded my arms over on the edge, kicking my legs to keep me floating.

'Tony wants to play Truth or Dare.'

'Yeah. Your point?'

'I don't want to play.'

'Oh, come on. It's probably not that bad.'

'But I don't want to play.'

'You can't hide from Tony forever. It's a drinking game, too. He'll honestly chase you down until you play.' He huffed like an angry child, took off his shoes and socks, and took to dangling his feet in the pool, next to my arms.

'It just sounds so - I don't know... silly. And childish. Besides, you can't get drunk. Neither can I.'

'I know. But Thor can make it interesting. I bet I'll be the fastest one to get drunk.'

'Are you listening?'

'Not really, no. You don't want to play, do you?'

'Yes.' I pulled myself out of the pool and sat next to him. I was wearing my one-piece black bathing suit, the one I always wore when swimming laps at the tower. 'It's really okay to feel uncomfortable, Steve. I get it. But we have to branch out. We have to at least make an effort to be a bit out there. I don't want to play either, especially if someone asks uncomfortable questions. But that's what the alcohol's for. If you and I don't want certain questions, we drink. And the good thing is, we can't get drunk.' I winked at him knowingly.

'Thanks, Adelaide. I'll give it a go. At least we'll be the fortunate ones.'

'I bet you ten bucks Clint'll be hammered by the end of the night.'

'Done deal,' he said, shaking my hand. I got up, and walked over to the towel rack and pulled one off, wrapping it around my body. I smiled softly and picking up my clothes, followed him out.

We gathered around the dinner table after dessert, seeing the alcohol bottles around, at each of our places. I took my spot at the left hand side of the right head of the table. I knew it was mine because mine had vodka on it, and so did Nat's. Tony had whiskey on his, and Clint had scotch. Steve had beer on his, and Thor had his mysterious alcohol that he insisted on bringing with him. My vodka bottle had a weird colouring to it, which I assumed that was Thor's doing. The rest all took their spots at the table, with Tony on my left side and Natasha on my right. Tony stood.